Push Trailer Hookup

here is i picture from the back thank for the info but how do you get the gov off?do you have to take the motor apart?

There's three ways.

1. Take the engine apart, remove the internal plastic gov gear, remove and reuse springs - the best way, but most complicated, and most fabrication needed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNbDvfIHoo

2. Remove Gas Tank, and loosen the screw for the gov arm from the gov shaft that comes from the crankcase, spread the end a bit so it can pivot on the shaft without the shaft moving the arm, lube, and put back on with no screw, and reuse the smallest spring as a throttle return spring, and hook the spring to a bolt that holds the fan cover on. Put gas tank back on. That's how my 6.5HP is setup.

3. Remove Gas Tank, remove Gov arm and throttle assembly completely, and make custom throttle arm and mount and go directly to the carb butterfly, and reuse small spring for throttle return, put gas tank back on. - I did this on a 2.5HP engine

With no gov, you may have to give it a touch of throttle on start when choking, as the gov normally does that automatically. I adjusted the carb to be a bit rich to make starting easier.

*Also, the reason the trailer bucks, but not your Baja Bike, is because of gearing. If you have tall gears like your bike, you can go fast, but the engine doesn't make it to 3600RPM as quick, so the bucking either does not happen, or isn't near as noticeable. However, the low gear is better for doing legal 20mph speeds without clutch wear, and also has more takeoff torque, you just have to rev the engine high to be in the 40's.

Last edited:
Very nice build. How much was the pipe to connect it to the bike?

I have finally ordered all of the parts that I should need to complete my build. I already have my lifan motor, just like yours. I have disabled the rev limiter, but I have not run the engine yet. I am waiting until I get it all put together first.

I am not sure what size tires you have, but Tractor Supply sells a no flat tire with wheel for $23.99.

if you have a 4" split rim you can buy that and put the no flat tire on your rim.

I bought my rim without a tire and I plan on using this noflat.

macarollo
I got the pipe at Lows they cut and thread it to any size you want it cost about 4.50
a foot you cant beat that. The rim is a 4 inch i saw the tire for it at tractor supply.
thanks craig

ZnsaneRyder
thank you for the hint about the gov i will give it a try if i have a ? about it i will pm you.
Thank Craig

Great job! How was the test ride and power with that engine.

When your on the throttle, does it feel like it puts alot of pressure or bend on the top 90deg. because its not made of one piece? Triangulating the bend above the rear tire would ease alot of the stress on the top 90. It looks like fun, can't wait to get mine going.

push trailor DONE

I finished my push trailor today and took it for a ride it goes about 35 to 40mph it really moves i will have to have my grilfriend make a moive. I hope you like the pictures.

Attachments

• 0 001.jpg
    0 001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 0 005.jpg
    0 005.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 495
I finished my push trailor today and took it for a ride it goes about 35 to 40mph it really moves i will have to have my grilfriend make a moive. I hope you like the pictures.

Have you removed the rev limiter on the engine?

What is your final gear ratio?

Back