Quick question for serial builder.

Time to stop building and start redoing. I've been working on the same project for years, changing and changing again. It's like having a whole stable without taking up space.
Sometimes it's just cheaper to build a new bike. There are so many things I want to do with my bike, but it would just be cheaper to start new and build exactly what I want. (I also want a bike with a manual clutch, so I'm gonna build another bike)

Time to stop building and start redoing. I've been working on the same project for years, changing and changing again. It's like having a whole stable without taking up space.
Yeah. Tore down my first build before even breaking the engine in. My justification is that I am using what I have to make what I want.

Usually you think of a motor on the bike as an assist to the rider, but with stock china dolls its the rider assisting the engine. I know break in helps a lot with torque but the build had some problems. Cheap wheels and horizontal drop outs were the biggest concerns I had. I was running a clamp on tensioner for clearing the chain stays and an engine mounted spring tensioner to get the chain tensioned right.

Sometimes it's just cheaper to build a new bike. There are so many things I want to do with my bike, but it would just be cheaper to start new and build exactly what I want. (I also want a bike with a manual clutch, so I'm gonna build another bike)
it's not about being cheaper. Some of us are what I like to call "improvers" aka tinkerers that don't leave things well enough alone.

Yea, I got a China doll 80 never had gas in it. I've had it mocked up on 2 bikes. Bicycles were too light for me. So I've been riding a T-1
cargo ebike for the last year and a half. Now I'm building the TS-250. There's a guy on utube Dale Sweger he restores old Yamaha and
Suzuki 2 strokes. He might give you some ideas on your transmission build
G.W.

Back