Raw Engines Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too all, may i advise you all 2 stroke engines are NOT illegal. you guys make it seem like i'm importing/manufacturing a container of drugs. come on people these are just engines. WOW seems like a lot of hating on this site and no support at all. i'm just trying to get you guys a quility engine. if these engines are illegal then why are you guys buying these 2 stroke engines??? if you guys are not supportive then why you guys buying these engines on your bike. go spend $400 $500 on other engines and stop complaining on the cost.

Odd. I don't recall anyone saying that ALL 2 stroke engines are illegal. In fact, I have a 2 stroke engine. It's a Tanaka 33cc. From Japan. Epa compliant sticker attached to engine for proof. With that sticker, if stopped, I can show that I have a epa compliant engine. How many of the 2 strokes coming from China have that?

Dude - I LOVE 2-strokes - I'm just trying to find out what truly sets you apart. Thanks.

WOW - HOLD ON NOW RAW !!! I have only been on this site a short time - BUT - I have found it to be a GOOD SOLID SITE... We are dealing with many here - must be taken into account... It seems that you were the one who posted -- you should be aware - that there will be many questions a coming... I have owned more than one business over the years -- one must be ready -- because at times -- there is more to it than meets the eye... Mountainman

ok...

If any of you have been to your local scooter shop, you would have noticed that all the 2008, 2009 Scooters have gone back to 2 strokes. And..These scooters and engines do not have Stickers on them. What they have are EPA permanently attached EPA certified Data plates with the manufacture and Certificate holder license ID . Again..These are not stickers, but are metal data plates and are permanently attached. And..Yes..These are all 2 strokes and most of them from China. .. I did see a few from Taiwan. And yes all EPA certified. So.. To answer opinions disguised as Axioms, the answer is.. YES YES YES.. 2 strokes from China and yes EPA certified !!! And lots of them. As a matter of fact, China is now the largest manufacture of Scooters in the world. 4 and 2 stroke all EPA certified !! Period !! Yes.. China. Get used to it as Americans at one time had to get used to toys and small engines and small motorcycles and scooters were being made in Japan..At one time. Times are a changing. There was a time when people protested things made in Japan.. Now people are used to it..And now protesting said same items made in China? lol.. This is all too funny.. A sticker does not make anything as a sticker can be removed easily on purpose or by accident. Ever spill any fuel on a sticker? Look..It is not hard to do.. Simply go to your local Scooter shop and check things out !!! These new 2 stroke Scooters coming out of Asia, Mainly China and Taiwan are awesome !!! The quality in the past 3-4 years has jumped leaps and bounds !! Kymco, TUHOE, Jonway and more. . It just gets better and better. Too funny... Enjoy the ride..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry RAW. I know you mean well and there is a definite need for these engines but when you say these are compliant we want to know! Because I personally LOVE these engines. These are the engines that most of us started with and about half if not more still have along with anything else.
I think you have the potential to be completely honest with all of us.
We want to know how you did it.
Yes. I want these engines to be Compliant. Certified takes too much money so right off to say these engines are certified leaves me to say "How did you do this?"
ALL of us wants to know. We DO want these engines to be completely legal. Right now most of us simply don't care and right now we are such a small minority to even regular bike riders that yes,it's rather easy to pass these thru customs.
But some engine kits are offering catalytic pipes for these engines. One vendor aparantly has painted a regular pipe black and passed it on as a catalytic pipe. Another vendor here has actually cut a catalytic pipe in half to show the world that yes,it is here.
Somebody in China wants this done.
So to simply say you have compliant engines doesn't flow well with this group. We need to know how you did it. We need to know what makes it compliant.
You may have been mistaken. You may have been fed the wrong information. That's okay in my book,really. Maybe that person that told you have been misinformed.
Bottom line,your prices are good. Your kits will sell. But back up what your claiming because what you are claiming is a HUGE DEAL.

(edit) Duane has a point. In fact we talked about all this when I was there Friday. And he showed me what he was talking about.(Yes. The Titan engine IS EPA compliant sorry for derailing)
So we just want to be in the know. Please don't take any offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look..

All this bashing makes no sense to me. Again.. Report to your local Scooter shop and check it out.. 2009 models, all 2 strokes, most from China, all with EPA certs. Thats right.. Now..If you do not like it, stickers or not, EPA certs or not, then may I make a wild suggestion? If you do not like it , do not buy it. And stop with the Bashing.. Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back