Rear wheel hub looks different? Kind weird

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
10:00 AM
Hello! I just purchased a brand new rear wheel but the wheel hub isn't the same size all the way through, towards the end, each side of the hub get bigger. Can you still use a hub/ gromit pieces with this? Pic isn't mine but related. First pic is my wheel. The guy at the bike store said it was a rear wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_223943.jpg
    IMG_20210913_223943.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 41+ikWqHgVL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    41+ikWqHgVL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 118
Should work fine. Looks like my mountain bike rims. Was single then went multispeed. Long as the sprocket sits good and the pineapple pieces sit good and make a spoke sandwich, you should be good to go.

the spacer takes up the empty space on the hub adaptor to mate with the hub middle. If it's not to far off, you can use locktite retainer and some popcan, but if its a gap, you need a spacer.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Okay the thingy (hub adapter) goes on tight even without tigthening, like not tight tight but tight if you slide it on. You think that would be fine
torque it down, then try with everything ya got to move it. if it wiggles even a tiny tiny bit, it wont work. If you can move it at all, do not try to run the bike.

Back