Schwinn Spoiler Front Dual Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note about Choppers US.LLC I recently purchased some brake parts and supplies from them. We had a problem with the manufacture of some rotor bolts. Alan and I had great communication and a refund was made. This was not a big deal at all but I wanted him to avoid sending out more of them so that is why I mentioned it to him in the first place. I would recommend them to anyone here!
Gene

Risers mountere to upper tree and Bars in place

Kawi
I got the Z Bars mounted today. I think those Dennis Kirk Risers worked out nice. I am going to pre mount the tank this week to make sure of the correct fork stops needed and then send it out to be striped. Supposed to go to Jim's this week.
Gene in Punta Gorda

Dying for some pictures from you !

Attachments

• Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 015.jpg
    Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 015.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 302
  • Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 016.jpg
    Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 016.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 018.jpg
    Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 018.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 021.jpg
    Spoiler paint stripes and tank location 021.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 496
Rotor/Caliper Size?

Hey guys I have a Schwinn Stingray Electric 36v and found the front end from a Spoiler that I would like to purchase (which I assume will fit without any problems, if anyone knows that it won't please let me know). I want the suspension cause it is a little bit of a rough ride in the streets here but I also wanted to add dual disks to it as well.

I am trying to just get the numbers correct for the rotor and caliper size, I take it the rotor is 180mm.

Are there sizes for the calipers as far as the spacing between the mounting holes? Depth? Or does anyone know for sure some of the calipers that will fit?

Thank You for your help

If you want your cables to lead back in the same direction toward the fork tubes you will need a left and right pair of calipers. The only matched pair which happen to be floating as well are from ChoppersUS that I know of. They will mount to the Spoiler front end with out any adapter needed and they use 180 mm rotors. You can buy a pair of rotors from them or you can probably match to any 180 rotor you may have. The mounting holes I believe are all based on a standard. Sometimes you need an adapter for the caliper to go from 160 mm to 180 mm rotors. But the Spoiler front end is set up for 180mm. the stock spoiler rotors are aztec and I found them only on Amazon . com

Hey everyone :D
Thanks for letting me post moderator
I had the same problem and I decided to do something about it !
I now make my own and they are available for sale.
Theres more information here:
http://www.ghettobike.com/dual-disc-front-break-hub

We use them in our Motorized Bicycle Builds but they can also be used on any bicycle.
And also take special orders & oddball sizes

hub.jpg

2-hub.jpg

front-2-disc-hub.jpg

Gene, here they are floating calipers. I am using the stock rotors on my other spoilers and keeping the back brake stock. I just left jims and he gave me a price of 375.00 on his engines when the get done. Balancd crank, new machined cases and clutch cover all o-ringed! New ported head with bigger fins and more compresion, motor mounts with neopreme bushings.These engines will probably be double the hp of stock and run much smoother.
I know this is a very old post but I am building a custom front end for my stingray based off the spoiler. I was wondering what the dual disc brake setup you have is. Thank you

Moderators Note:

If you already knew it was a very old post you were replying to then you needed to start a new thread of your own rather than reply to a person who has not been seen or heard from here in the forums since 2011.

kawasaki999

Member · From FL.

Joined Jan 18, 2008​

Last seen Oct 19, 2011​

You also ignored a warning in Red Letters to NOT revive a thread that has had no replies to it in over three years. I have now locked this thread as a reminder to all not to revive ancient history.

Disk brakes have evolved somewhat since this was written, my disk calipers are cable activated hydraulic calipers on my dual disk brake system as a for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back