Scottsdale AZ Police Want To Jail MotoredBiker!!

Ain't that something! Tell that cop that doghnuts are free down the street next time.
What a waste of taxpayers money. There are regular unmotorized highspeed bikes that go much faster than 20 MPH. Does that make them illegal? I might understand if the gent was drunk and wrecklessly driving.
Go bust a serial killer and use our money properly. I have had a trycycle over 20 MPH down a hill before. GRR!
Doc

agreeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol !!!!!!

By the way Torques: It seems you have a deep and fervent regard in protecting your rights and not being intimidated into just going along with the status quo... I applaud you my brother... It's not often that I see someone that has that sort of 'spark' within them... I must tell you, I have been fighting the same sort of 'uphill battle' aginst these sorts of injustices my entire adult life... It's nice to see there are, in fact, others around that won't take a shuck n jive of their rights lying down.... Keep your spirit strong and don't lose sight of the fact and bliss of knowing you have the moral and ethical position of right on your side..... (Power to the people right on, and all that kinda stuff!!!)

you should see me go at em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im in full agreement some people dont have a clue what there rights are though. so they just go along with it get stuck in the system right where they want you then they pay them for all the uneeded hassle SUCKS if you learn the hard way though!!!

B. This section does not prohibit a local authority from adopting an ordinance that regulates or prohibits the operation of motorized electric or gas powered bicycles or tricycles, except that a local authority shall not adopt an ordinance that requires registration and licensing of motorized electric or gas powered bicycles or tricycles.

C. For the purposes of this section, "motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle" means a bicycle or tricycle that is equipped with a helper motor that has a maximum piston displacement of forty-eight cubic centimeters or less, that may also be self-propelled and that is operated at speeds of less than twenty miles per hour.

If you were convicted of riding a moped then you would have to license it. It says here they cannot make an ordinance that requires you to license it. It also uses the word operated rather than governed. A 1 speed bicycle is capable of speeds of 50 mph, from first hand experience, w/o a motor assist. If state law says 30 and the ordinance says 20 they have forced you into a moped definition thus requiring licensing. Its not much but its something to argue off of.
Wonder why this cop had a hardon for you. He went out of his way to make sure you lost your license for another year. Even to the point of perjuring himself.

I can't help but notice that there has been no forthcoming comment by 'the lawyer'..concerning your plight and refusal to bow down to the whims of authority figures Torques.... Seems to me that our lawyer might possibly have become afflicted with that dreaded affliction known as 'the forget about rights and justice / just go along to get along' syndrome, eh??? Sure hope he recovers:rolleyes:--------

My ex lawyer doesn't care anything about me personally or legally, what more do you want?

I am in the process of starting other actions I can't divulge in order to protect myself and my fellow citizens in this town.

Back