specialized hardrock build questions

I like to glue the tank on with silicon any silicon bathroom kitchen engine doesn't matter .put a big line of glue under the tank do up the brackets softly wipe off any Excess glue let it dry. some times all night then you can take off the brackets and put them in the bin or I like to keep them on just for looks .the tank won't come off . Unless you pull back and forth a fair bit then the glue gives way . I do all my bikes this way .when you crash the glue brakes first not the studs .you don't have to do your brackets up hard or at all so no pulling studs out .this is how I like to do it so up to you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 169
Wow I'm thinking you have to do some trial fitting to see if you can actually get an engine in that frame you will need an offset intake for sure if it does fit in!

It'll fit (I think). With that water bottle holder gone there is a lot more room. I think bikeberry has a video that tells you the measurements needed. I sure hope I don't have to make a bunch of adjustments though

Yes that is VERY helpful KC!
Thank you very much!
Funny thing about the front derailleur needing to be removed, the cover is broken already so good to know I don't need the thing at all.
I had to look up what a "derailleur" on a side note haha!
Hahaha, derailleur is even hard to spell let alone know what it means, but it doesn't need to be removed, the thing is it can be removed and should be.

So on using the muffler mount as the front engine mount, you mention the mount goes under the cable with no problems.
You mean the mount goes over the cable and allows it to function without touching it right?

Don't think I'd take the advise of someone telling me to duct tape my gas tank down. Again, thanks for your help! That was exactly what I needed
The mounting hardware goes between the frame and the cable so it doesn't get pinched, and no, I was not advocating taping the gas tank on, the brackets get bolted to the frame from the top with a single bolt in each bracket via holes I used a tap to thread but you got that hehehe...

Glad I could help ;-}

Btw guys, that is the new steath 5hp small 1 stroke engine in the bottle holder.
PM me for more details.
whoKnows.jpg

Actually you are not far off thinking the only thing that would fit in that frame is a 1-stroke, aka an electric because it just has one continuous 'power stroke'...

2_SpecializedEpicDoneL-1280.jpg

~1 KiloWatt 1-stroke 7-speed shifters rock ;-}

Last edited:
whoKnows.jpg

Actually you are not far off thinking the only thing that would fit in that frame is a 1-stroke, aka an electric because it just has one continuous 'power stroke'...

2_SpecializedEpicDoneL-1280.jpg

~1 KiloWatt 1-stroke 7-speed shifters rock ;-}
Yeah but that's a case of beer not just one can kc...

My money's on his prototype engine, how much for a matching pair? Beer can for him, fruity loo loo drinks for her.

BS on what planet is that 1 kw? do you even know what a kw is because is sure isnt that! 1000-1600 w mid drive is what you have there and that motor and wiring wouldn't handle 1/2 a kw!
Uhm I'm lost isn't a kw just 1000 watts? Half a kw 500 what? What? Wait. Is the battery 1000 watts or what, the motor is a kw or half or watt wiring are you even looking at? I see some controller wire but that wire going to handlebars ain't carrying 48v 1kw nothing ever, it's a controller doesn't need its signal to carry the same voltage as the motor and bat pack.

Uhm I'm lost isn't a kw just 1000 watts? Half a kw 500 what? What? Wait. Is the battery 1000 watts or what, the motor is a kw or half or watt wiring are you even looking at? I see some controller wire but that wire going to handlebars ain't carrying 48v 1kw nothing ever, it's a controller doesn't need its signal to carry the same voltage as the motor and bat pack.
Yeah I F@#KED up on that one Sorry! was thinking it was 10,000 w for some reason big brain fart!

Back