specialized hardrock build questions

I did one ebike not a mid drive but a hub motor for a customer that was 100 v and a 100 amp controler and yes it could kill a person quick! and thats what i was thinking about it had to have the motor rewound and rewired with 10 gauge the controler was custom built by kelly controlers and we use li-po cells to keep battery weight down and discharge rate high.and no fuses to blow it's all mos fets lol!

I did one ebike not a mid drive but a hub motor for a customer that was 100 v and a 100 amp controler and yes it could kill a person quick! and thats what i was thinking about it had to have the motor rewound and rewired with 10 gauge the controler was custom built by kelly controlers and we use li-po cells to keep battery weight down and discharge rate high.and no fuses to blow it's all mos fets lol!
Youch a hundred volts is getting pretty crazy for something you're willing to stick between your legs.

Then again people are putting jet turbines in their motorcycles these days so maybe the hundred volt tickler doesn't seem that bad..

Uhm I'm lost isn't a kw just 1000 watts? Half a kw 500 what? What? Wait. Is the battery 1000 watts or what, the motor is a kw or half or watt wiring are you even looking at? I see some controller wire but that wire going to handlebars ain't carrying 48v 1kw nothing ever, it's a controller doesn't need its signal to carry the same voltage as the motor and bat pack.
The motor and controller are good to 168oW, none of that goes to handlebars, only 5V there.

The 50V battery puts out continuous 20-30Ah, and busts over 50A so do the frigg'n math...
Power (watts) = Voltage (power supply) * Ah (Amps the battery can maintain for an Hour) ;-}

http://em3ev.com/product/50v-14s9p-large-triangle-pack/

That sucker cost me $1000 to get delivered back in 2014 but that included a charger.
Prices have come down, but not for delivery of LI batteries.

An e-bike packing half a Kilowatt is nothing, I just finished 'small woman's' 50V 12Ah 3-speed shifter yesterday and with 24" tires it still hauls ass packing .6 Kilowatts ;-}

Man I have that bike but with disks on it and hayes brakes in my shop right now and like I said before hard pressed to get an engine in there!

Yeah I got my Dax engine yesterday. Gonna test fit it today and go from there. Hopefully I can find some free time to install it if it fits or if not Ill be on the hunt for a new bike

Well that didn't take long. It doesn't fit. I was able to get the engine in between the frame, but i couldn't get the engine studs in. The bottom part of the frame was too wide and I had to take off the air filter adapter to get it on there too. At first I thought I might be able to get an offset filter adapter but nope. It would be way too much of a hassle to try to make this bike work. The engine was touching the cross bar too. Son of A!

On another note, my Dax engine has written on the case cover in black market "25:1 only". Kind of odd I thought. Wonder if he means for break in or all the time? I would think break in only then 40:1

Back