Thinking of modding my 79cc

I have a couple old clutches but I think the bushings are worn out. I may try the max torque one- made in us right? I would think 3/4 isn’t necessary for the little 79 with the few hp it makes. Bought a new half link for the chain that goes to the jackshaft. Note to people that get the cnc transmission, take the set screws out and loctite them or they WILL come out.

I believe the 3/4 and 5/8 are the same size, just the hole size is different...........Curt

Really? The clutches are the same size, it just the bore that is different. Max torque wouldn't make special tooling just for 5/8, they just change centers. ..............Curt

Really? The clutches are the same size, it just the bore that is different. Max torque wouldn't make special tooling just for 5/8, they just change centers. ..............Curt
Damn now I'm confused, max torque makes them in 3 sizes (I think)
5/8, 3/4 and 1in.
They probably make enough profit to justify the tools (it's like 12$ to make and they sell it for 30-80)
They have the same pads but the bore is different (other than the 1in, which has bigger pads)
EDIT:
Wait, I read your post wrong, I'm sorry curt lol, must have read to fast, your right there the same

If there’s a 5/8 clutch there’s no need to shim it I’ll just use the 5/8 one. I thought the whole clutch body was larger on the 3/4 though. The more u know. I got some gasket maker since the gasket tore so I’m ready to put it back together I just need a feeler gauge and need to figure out how the nuts move on the rockers because they WONT budge and I don’t want to snap the stud-posts. I’m thinking blowtorch.

If there’s a 5/8 clutch there’s no need to shim it I’ll just use the 5/8 one. I thought the whole clutch body was larger on the 3/4 though. The more u know. I got some gasket maker since the gasket tore so I’m ready to put it back together I just need a feeler gauge and need to figure out how the nuts move on the rockers because they WONT budge and I don’t want to snap the stud-posts. I’m thinking blowtorch.
I know the feeling, I though I was going to snap the whole head off! They will move, I promise

I put a 3 foot aluminum pipe on a ratchet handle and it moved the whole engine instead of loosening. I think there’s red loctite or something on them. Figured out the left valve was adjusted wrong from factory because the rocker was loose and there was some evidence on the bottom steel piece the valve rests on. So I had a bad coil and a valve with bad adjustment.

I put a 3 foot aluminum pipe on a ratchet handle and it moved the whole engine instead of loosening. I think there’s red loctite or something on them. Figured out the left valve was adjusted wrong from factory because the rocker was loose and there was some evidence on the bottom steel piece the valve rests on. So I had a bad coil and a valve with bad adjustment.
Wow, my engine just needed a longer ratchet lol. Do you have a impact?

I just have a ryobi drill and some torque wrenches. I just don’t get why deez nuts won’t move. I can see the stud bend when I try to loosen. I don’t even have an attachment to attach a socket to the drill.

Back