Torque - Exhaust - Ballpark Figure Please.

Yes, using Loctite on the exhaust threads has no advantage as it burns off.
the locktite does nothing right there. literally, nothing. it burns away. maybe the ash helps keep it locked. but if you look at its temp rating and then realize you subject it to 100's of degrees on the reg, then realize most locktite tht is to hold hard, heat releases it, just like with the blue.
Just for grins and giggles, i just pulled put one of my exhaust bolts to check out the locktite...its still intact and blue, not burnt...guess my stock engine doesn't get as hot as some others do...lol...If the blue locktite hasn't burnt off or disintegrated or turned to ash in about 900 miles over a year and three months now, then I would guess im good to go then...lol...DAMIEN

Just for grins and giggles, i just pulled put one of my exhaust bolts to check out the locktite...its still intact and blue, not burnt...guess my stock engine doesn't get as hot as some others do...lol...If the blue locktite hasn't burnt off or disintegrated or turned to ash in about 900 miles over a year and three months now, then I would guess im good to go then...lol...DAMIEN
like I said, use it if you want, it does nothing. not made for heat like that. I thought you were one of those manufacture followers? They don't recommend it for high temps, because it doesn't work , because heat it what releases it.............

like I said, use it if you want, it does nothing. not made for heat like that. I thought you were one of those manufacture followers? They don't recommend it for high temps, because it doesn't work , because heat it what releases it.............
Hi Karl, Did you actually fully read what i wrote???...lol...900 miles in a year and 3 months...its still blue, not burnt, not ash etc...can you tell me what im doing wrong???...or maybe what im doing right then since my locktite is still working???...lol.
They don't recommend it for high temps, because it doesn't work , because heat it what releases it.............
My thinking is that a stock motor, running regular fuel and oil mix...not rocket fuel like you...lol...Just a stock, normal motor with normal compression etc. is just not getting hot enough to do what you are all saying...DAMIEN

Ps...it was not my idea to use blue LT to begin with...It was my buddy at White Sands Missile Range...He is one of them rocket mechanics and helps run the drone programs as well...He did the heat calculations etc, and convinced me that on my 2 stroker that this was no problem.
Pulling the allen bolt and viewing it proved him correct...I called him tonight as well to let him know what a nice discussion we were all having over this conundrum about "Smurf P***"...He's still laughing...lol.

Hi Karl, Did you actually fully read what i wrote???...lol...900 miles in a year and 3 months...its still blue, not burnt, not ash etc...can you tell me what im doing wrong???...or maybe what im doing right then since my locktite is still working???...lol.

My thinking is that a stock motor, running regular fuel and oil mix...not rocket fuel like you...lol...Just a stock, normal motor with normal compression etc. is just not getting hot enough to do what you are all saying...DAMIEN
You're not riding it is what your not doing. lol. I put at least 3k on mine a year. I ride them almost every weekend, in the rain an mud is the best. So much fun! I've only had one stock motor, lol. Never again, always mod.

You're not riding it is what your not doing. lol. I put at least 3k on mine a year. I ride them almost every weekend, in the rain an mud is the best. So much fun! I've only had one stock motor, lol. Never again, always mod.
Read the Ps i was writting while you were posting...lol.

Read the Ps i was writting while you were posting...lol.
An read the bottle, i think I know some one tht said something about the manufacturer knowing their product. While you are running the engine, when it needs to hold, it is a liquid. It is doing absolutely nothing. It is designed to turn to a liquid when heated, to facilitate the easy removal of the fastener. Its how it works. I happen to work in the fastener industry, I may know more about it than your buddy that knows more about rockets than me..... Just saying, I deal with this stuff everyday. It's ok though, use whatever you want, not my bike.

ps, if it was my job on the line over some blue on a hot pipe, I wouldn't bet it. I would walk away and tell 'em I ain't signing off on that.

They do make stuff for high temps though, just a google search away.

You're not riding it is what your not doing. lol. I put at least 3k on mine a year.
I just do normal, run of the mill street riding only...I dont romp on it like you do...lol...no off roading, no riding over boulders or cactus, no climbing trees with it,...lol... so really nothing to make it heat up...My motor is even completely cooled off in 10 minutes after shutting it down...Must have something to do with the cylinder being ceramic lined i guess...lol...better heat dissipation...lol...DAMIEN

Back