What kind of gas wont hurt my 70cc engine and works best?

What type of gas do you mix your oil with?

• Total voters
Gasoline

I'll say this about gasoline here in SW PA....the only gas worth a **** IMO is SHELL. BTW, all gas sold here has at least a 10% ethanol blend. I read some blurbs online to try SHELL gas. Using an online dealer locator I found only a handful of stations in my area. I filled up my Jeep with the 87 octane and what a difference in engine response and gas mileage! I'm a believer....not all gas is the same. Unfortunately I have to travel 12 miles out of my way to get SHELL and plan to try some in the MB next can full.

If we are talking about fuel - use what the manual says.

2-stroke gasoline with a high "antiknock index" RON+MON/2 probably won't buy you much. Contrary to popular belief these fuels have no extra energy. I would just say stick with fresh clean fuel. 89 is fine.

As far as oil goes, I like and use synthetic. I mix a bit richer than recommended, depending on the engine and conditions. But not crazy rich.

I use 91 octane i've tried 81 but my personal opinion 91 has more bang. But then again i live in canada!! I've noticed the difference on big hill climbs!!

I use 91 octane i've tried 81 but my personal opinion 91 has more bang. But then again i live in canada!! I've noticed the difference on big hill climbs!!

If you notice a difference in hills it is because your engine is running hot under load and the higher octane is prevent the potential for preignition and detonation. If it works for you, that is great but for most of us higher octane isn't necessary. However, cost isn't much of an issue since these engines do well on gas.

My engine runs just fine on 85 octane cheap fuel with 5 oz of Baker's Grade AA Castor Oil per gallon. I love the smell of burning bean oil

I think you mean 89, right? 81 probably would have a problem!

It's an interesting balance, because oil does act as an "octane reducer".

octane fuels

I live in North Carolina Blue Ridge mountains and steep hills some flats not much. I use 93 or hi test around here and most of the national standard for that fuel is a base of that 15 figure or ethanol 15 or E 15. Most of the world knows that is **** that absorbs water but ethanol is octane actually .So I use some gas dryer some caster oil a tad of nitro -methane some lucas gas and or diesel top lube catalyst treatment and some of the blue stuff in the bottle that has special even temperature burn salts and some ceramic piston top glaze to keep the top of the piston more even temperature no hot spots. I have even experimented with bio as T2 oil substitute. Basically when I blend what makes my bike run the way I like it to run depends on what conditions will be and where I will be running.Have some great cold weather runs on hype fuel and great hot weather runs on low fuel . Another factor am I going to do up grade for 10 miles and how hot do I want to run. Most 87 is E10 so you can change the temperature by running E10. About the ceramic glaze it has been out for about 30 years was made by copper coat . When you apply keeps piston top more even temperature and acts like catalytic converter clean burn.Direct injection on high performance 3 cylinder multi fuel 2 strokes will be the future and they are running any or all internal combustion fuels in any order or combination and out perform everything in the field. They come From BUFROD SC and go to the marines and front line are tested at Camp Lejune. Have heard some great stuff from some of you folks the rest kinda has me scratchin my head. Use to hang with Conrad Joeseph Urbanowski or URBO #18 AND #28 multiple formula motorcycle world champ winner TZ 750 MAN MAD MAN Road Atlanta on and on big deal. So here is the scoop it depends on what you are running today and the conditions , how long you need to run and how well you can trim the bike to stay on the track not how fast you can go but where your power band is how cririctal is your low and mid range torque and can you stay on course to place or get to destination without engine destruction and maintain proper balance of every aspect or do you want to or can you win 1st place not how fast will that thing go.Torque is what gets things to happen not top speed.Now sure these are little **** motors from China and they do run just like Mad Max , Take good care there may not be many more come down the pike. They may be getting harder to find. I don't know about you but can say I love my little motors. They might be exactly what is needed to get me to the action just to be able to stay alive. I have already figured out how to run them safely on just about anything so don't mess up a good thing. If this is too much too fast the don't read or grow up and get faster or get a life or something like that. PUTTY SHIM SHAVE POLISH weigh de burr port polish glaze AND THINK BE HERE NOW NOT IN YOUR DREAMS -----THIS IS REAL STUFF NOT KIDDY CITY ps put the brass back on top of the plug and file sharp angles for stronger spark ----------brass wont fit put on a real boot and get rid of the ****. LiamSckhot

^ ^ ^ Dude... Have some consideration.

Break up your posts so we can breathe... This is the second time I've attempted to suggest this.

I'm not reading that - though I'd like to.

Out of interest, does leaded petrol decrease the wear on the cylinder heads. I know a lot of cars cylinder heads wear out without leaded petrol. Do the Chinese engines even work with leaded.

BSA

BSA - The lead in the old fuel was used to slow down the expansive properties, it was also cooler running. When you buy cheep gas it burns faster, and will ignite on its own, thats where the (PING) comes from. A two stroke was not affected as much by led as a 4 stroke, because there are no valves in the head, so nothing to affect with the higher combustion temps. The oil in the gas of a two smoke also retards the combustion, IE makes it burn slower. Modern fuel uses a different method to Octane gas, but you get the idea. I use the cheapest gas I can find, no worry. Have fun, Dave
PS: These simple engines are far from being affected by Octane.

I was under the impression that the tetra-ethyl lead was also supposed to lubricate the exhaust valves in some way. Obviously nugatory for a two-stroke.

Back