Whizzer Rides - Stories and Pictures

I make short work of scraping off the old gaskets, first I use a razor blade then I rub the case halves on Plate glass with 220 sand paper

DSCF0126.JPGDSCF0125.JPGDSCF0128.JPGDSCF0127.JPG

All cleaned up, New seal, gaskets and bearings The bottom end end is all back together
DSCF0133.JPG

Everything is on my workbench, I'll finish tomorrow
DSCF0136.JPG

Gonna take the valves out, clean the ports & valves, lap the valves, clean & resurface the head, clean the carb & filter, new copper head gasket, new S/P, Bike should be running tomorrow

For you Whizzer guys
I put a 1mm shim under the RH side cover Crank bearing
This makes the Crank end play just right
Shim the crank end play or the crank slide's over just enough to rub on the cam gear.

DSCF0131.JPG

Wrench can I ask a couple questions? Do you put something on your copper head gaskets or was it leaking?
Discoloration from the heat, but it cleans right off and it's shiny copper underneath.

Since I made a bunch of copper head gaskets, over 20
I'll just put in a fresh one, but someday I'm gonna clean up the old gaskets and use em again
I still got over 10 new gaskets left so that someday might never come :ROFLMAO:

Discoloration from the heat, but it cleans right off and it's shiny copper underneath

Since I made a bunch of copper head gaskets, over 20
I'll just put in a fresh one but someday I'm gonna clean up the old gaskets and use em again
I still got over 10 new gaskets left so that someday might never come :ROFLMAO:
For making head gaskets do you just use a ball peen hammer like other gaskets, or some other technique?

Im not sure if the process for metal gaskets is the same as paper. I've been thinking about making some copper head gaskets for some other projects.
Yeah I'm not 100% sure, but I think he might sandwich his copper sheet between 2 sheets of plywood with the head gasket shape. Then I believe he uses hole saws to make the cutouts for the valves & piston, then uses a drill bit for the bolt holes around the circumference of the head gasket. Maybe Wrench will show you his secret procedure.

Yeah I'm not 100% sure, but I think he might sandwich his copper sheet between 2 sheets of plywood with the head gasket shape. Then I believe he uses hole saws to make the cutouts for the valves & piston, then uses a drill bit for the bolt holes around the circumference of the head gasket. Maybe Wrench will show you his secret procedure.
Sounds like that's a better idea than what I'm thinking, at least for head gaskets

Back