Why have things not improved?

What I want to see is a MB where everything fits perfectly, and does not fall apart. No clamps, no rag joint rear sprockets, and especially no clamp on chain tensioners.

A complete MB designed and engineered from the ground up where everything fit perfectly, and nothing had to be rigged.

Something you could ride across the country on, without having to worry about it breaking down.
That is done on 50cc scooters and mopeds all the time.

There is a ~50cc MB with all of the those concerns addressed, and it starts with the frame.

GT2-coated%20Frame1-750.jpg

That is a pre-production version, this years version with not have a 2-stroke pedestal, just the flat engine mount plate.
A plate with bolt holes not slots so the engine fits perfect every time, and also allows for much narrower pedal widths.
Both disc and V-brake mounts.
No rag joint sprocket or bolt on tensioner, no left side chain at all.

The only tensioner needed is part of the base with a slot to to move the tensioner wheel for the only chain that needs one, the chain from the engine to front chain ring.

2_RedGT2doneR.jpg

An internally geared hub on the back wheel to get the most efficiency out of the little reliable power plants, and of course reliable disc brakes front and rear.

2_RedGT2doneL.jpg

Innovation still takes place, it just takes awhile to get it to market.

This is an exciting year for me, I am finally getting to mass production of exactly the type of reliable functional MB kit you are looking for JunkyardDog, with hope for of a new engine that will also provide on-board reliable electrical power.

Innovation and invention are alive and well, they just take time, contacts, and a lot of money to get to market.
I may loose my ass on this too, but it won't be because of design, the design is great,

So how much $ for that bike
That is a customer build so pre-sold.
~$1500 built, kits will be closer to ~$1K that include everything, and other options for just the frame, etc.
It just depends on how much you want to DIY, for example the frame pre-powder coated to color of your choice, wheels, fork, etc.

If I am building it the options go and on.
This is how the Red one stands now awaiting pick-up.

RedGT2done2L-1280.jpg

RedGT2done2R-1280.jpg

It got a rack, lights, speedo and tach, and even with the 5-speed shifter on the left it still has independent brake levers, and you got to love the cushy leather covered foam grips, you can ride all day and not get hand fatigue.

RedGT2done2bars-1280.jpg

Last but not least is the pedal width.
That was a big priority for me and part of how I designed the whole 4-stroke base mount.
The engine mount holes are placed exactly where the crank arms can fit by both sides and remain normal width apart.

RedGT2done2Rear-1280.jpg

Anyone that has ever built a 4-stroke kit knows how cool just that one thing is ;-}

This is a topic about No Innovation and I am here to say there is ;-}

For the inevitable questions about how, where and when you can buy this design all I can say is not today, but this year.

As for kit options I just don't know yet other than I can't loose money.
I don't need to make much, I just have to do better than break even and move the custom parts, when you buy in lots of 200 you have to move them or go down in flames.

I am not a 'go down in flames' kind of guy.
'Damn the torpedo's, full speed ahead" because I have a real insight into the people that just need reliable, easy to maintain transportation with no licensee.

Whats the shift kit you use? And the rear wheel? I see the same looking frame on eBay for $140 will it fit a stock 4 stroke mount?

Your bikes look bullet proof I would pay what you say for one very nice
Thanks for the kudos.
I am just trying to fill that need for easy to operate, dependable, actually useable transportation for those that have to rely on it without any other means.

In short, it is what I would want if a motorized bicycle was my only option for transportation, and I have built and tried most everything, and this is what I came up with.

Now I can get your hole bike for a $1000 but no motor comes with a ktm50 muffler and a jaguar cdi. Wheels Handel bars seat every thing just no motor

Now I can get your hole bike for a $1000 but no motor comes with a ktm50 muffler and a jaguar cdi. Wheels Handel bars seat every thing just no motor
Cool, best of luck with that considering I am the only person in the world that makes 10G's and my gas tank frame mod.

What you have is $1000 frame designed for a 2-stroke engine.
The Jaguar CDI is for a 2-stroke engine mod so have fun with that as this a 4-stroke build with an engine, custom made transfer case, and custom modified GT2-150 frame you choose the color and use the bikes gears for engine power.

There's nothing to preven companies, except demand.The majority of Americans (I'll assume you're stateside) are fat and lazy, so why would they buy a bike, any bike motored or not?It's not comfortable doing "movement" things when you're way out of your BMI.Regulations have killed innovation as well, why take a chance on something that has shown doesn't sell well in the past, plus put up with extra regulation that Americans just keep rolling over and lubing themselves up for?Also, percieved dangers are almost as outlawed as real dangers, we have a new regulation that all drones must be registered, that's a National Registry, WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT FOR CARS, there hasn't been one NOT ONE drone and airplane collision, but because of media bulls.h.i.t. now people just roll over,... again;
so there's a bunch of people scared of what they've heard about how dangerous bikes are, why would they want to go faster on such a death trap?The majority of Americans are penny-wise and pound foolish, 85% of people have sattelite/cable/cellphones/xbox/ps3, yet I hear those same people complain about how little extra money they have, and suffer during bill time.
You're asking for a common sense reason to something, in a world gone mad, there's your answer "Fishbulb".
You spelled "perceived" wrong.

Back