Shark attack

Local time
3:04 AM
Shark attack, shark attack, get out of the water and don't look back!

Seriously, we will see how this hairbrained idea of mine goes. Someone else tried it but I didn't see the results long term (as if anything on a motorized bicycle is long term). She'll look better with paint!
IMG_20231108_172044.jpg

I've been reading through the forum lately and I am seeing head temperatures that I almost consider unbelievably high. I don't know what JB weld is rated for but I do know a bit about infrared temperature guns and they are designed generally to work with like a flat black surface, unless they are high dollar and adjustable. Point one at silver colored piece in the sun and the temperature will read hundreds of degrees high.

I've been reading through the forum lately and I am seeing head temperatures that I almost consider unbelievably high. I don't know what JB weld is rated for but I do know a bit about infrared temperature guns and they are designed generally to work with like a flat black surface, unless they are high dollar and adjustable. Point one at silver colored piece in the sun and the temperature will read hundreds of degrees high.
On Russian bikes the general rule is that when you see 300 degrees fahrenheit you shut her down

Head temperatures have been recorded in more ways than just a radar gun. They do get very hot, especially on the phantom motor.

Head temperatures have been recorded in more ways than just a radar gun. They do get very hot, especially on the phantom motor.
No wonder you're having problems checking temp, if you're using a radar gun...lol...the number you got from the cops radar gun is in fact your speed. And yes, it is hot with the p85...lol...

I never even checked em on the bicycle. I just drive it like I stole it. On the old Russian bikes we would get a piece of copper 1/4" tubing and some tie wire, stick it through the head, then stick a candy thermometer in it for real time temp checks! Opposed twin, of course

Back