Won't idle, but everything else is fine.

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
K

Keepthedrivetommy

Hello all,
I found out that my bike wont idle when I pull the clutch. There was a similar thread like this, but that guy said that he was losing power, etc. My bike runs fine, It just dies when I pull the clutch, and I have the idle screw in all the way. Any ideas?
Thanks for all the help,
Tommy

M

mickey

My Kings "80" also runs great but has never idled. No amount of choke, slide adjustment, clip moving or float adjustment has made the slightest difference.

K

Keepthedrivetommy

I have a Dax 70. O-ring carb? What does that mean? You think my carb is leaking air? And clutch adjustment wouldnt make any sense because my engine idled fine before I had to replace the piston and piston rings. And no offense alaskavan, none of those threads are any help because they either deal with slightly different problems, or have a difference carb than I do. I thought about possibly adjusting the clutch cable for slippage, but when I have the clutch out and walk the bike, it holds strong, so their cant be any problem there. Is it possible that I have to wait for my brand new piston to be broken in before it will run 100% smoothly?

azbill

a new piston and ring combo is pretty much gonna need to seat itself (break-in)
that would be my call :)

K

Keepthedrivetommy

I thought that may be the thing, but wasnt sure. Thanks for the help. So this is going to be another breakin process, same as when I first got the motor?

F

fetor56

o-ring the carb??

I'm assuming you've trimmed the intake and exhaust gaskets(cos some of them are overly large and restrictive)
Adjust your carby needle...the richest setting is when u move the little retaining clip fually down from the top of the needle.
This is what is meant by O-ringing the carby...it does wonders for idling and general smoothness.
Other than that i'm afraid it's trial and error.......good luck. :)

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4976

Last edited by a moderator: