Zeda Engines - Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. I thought of painting it a satin finish aluminum but think I will leave it black for the time being. What I really want to do is get it in a dull chrome looking color and swap the red filter out for a black filter.

Why don't you just ditch that plastic crap anyway..? It looks out of place on such a nice bike. Go for a nice polished or black anodised velocity stack.
Nice looking ride bro..!

Why don't you just ditch that plastic crap anyway..? It looks out of place on such a nice bike. Go for a nice polished or black anodised velocity stack.
Nice looking ride bro..!

Velocity stack wouldn't fit though. I already used my calipers and found out that this is one of two different filter housings I could use to clear my seat post. I know a guy how ever down here I am going to show him a picture of this and give him dimensions and see if he can make me one from polished aluminum. He builds little mini bikes from scratch hes a crazy guy but he knows how to make all kinds of things out of a flat piece of metal. if he could make me this same style filter in metal I would gladly pay him for it.

heres a short 20 second video of the bike running. Only adjustment I had to make to get the bike to idle on its own was turn the idle circuit screw in. It came to me with it turned out 3 1/4 turns I started off with 1 turn out and it ran on its own currently I got it to idle down some by having it at 1 1/4 turns out.

Yep it sounds good just a bit loud. I also have to do some reading. I played with my clutch just now after checking for fuel leaks damn brass fitting in the fuel tank is still leaking its just considerably slower than before. But I played with the clutch and it stuck a couple times on me so I don't know. Not sure if a new cable and replacing the clutch cam and clutch cam arm will fix the problem or not.

heres a short 20 second video of the bike running. Only adjustment I had to make to get the bike to idle on its own was turn the idle circuit screw in. It came to me with it turned out 3 1/4 turns I started off with 1 turn out and it ran on its own currently I got it to idle down some by having it at 1 1/4 turns out.

Sounds really good.

Did you make your adjustments while the motor was cold or at operating temps?

I almost just bought that cranbrook and motor deal from zeda..$249 is a quick cheap way to have a cruiser.

Sounds really good.

Did you make your adjustments while the motor was cold or at operating temps?

The adjustment I made to get it idling on its own the motor was warm it wasn't fully hot. I just wanted to get it set to idle on its own so it would make it easier to fine tune once warm.

Im just wondering because its smooth idling and crisp throttle response when its still somewhat cold compared to normal operating temps.

Just making sure you arent too lean even if only at idle...i suppose when it warms up good and idle goes up youll know.

In my experience with a 2 stroke they are usually hard to keep idling untill they warm up a bit...i know you have more tuning to do so ill just shut up now..lol

In my experience with a 2 stroke they are usually hard to keep idling untill they warm up a bit...i know you have more tuning to do so ill just shut up now..lol

Well I knew this problem with idling I had was not enough air. Cause if I held the throttle open a bit it would run but the moment I flip the choke on it would quickly stall out like switching the bike off. So I had to figure out which knob was the air flow control for the idle circuit. that's the one that was turned out 3 1/4 turns and now I am at 1 1/4 turn that seems to be about right.

The small air screw that is near the neck of the carb I played with that thinking that was the air flow for idle but I put it back like it was before.

I just need to fix my clutch. I played with the clutch lever again when I checked the fuel leak I had. Clutch stuck on me a couple times so I am hoping its the cable itself. Aside from that I need to once I run the fuel out I need to pull my brass fitting off and come up with another way to seal it as even tightening it up more it still leaks fuel it just now takes many hours to form enough to get your finger wet vs only taking a couple minutes. I guess the blue oil/fuel safe Teflon tape isn't oil/fuel resistant like it said since it seems to be eating that stuff up. But its good enough for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back