Zomby Zack

Finally got it all together now. Drove it down to the lake, & buried the speedo. (40 mph) I was really suprised. Not even broken in yet, so ought to do at least 45 or so after a couple of tanks. Just a Chinese 49cc with a velocity stack, better exhaust, & a torque converter.

I put a solo seat on for now, but have a custom bannana being upholstered. It will be ready next week.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

That is an absolutely beautiful bike. I love how you put the gearing together to run it all on the left side. Do you ever build these for other people? I'm sure that some people would gladly pay to have a bike like that.

Build for Other People

Yeah I've thought about it.. Then I reflect on the time spent & as they say "Don't quit my day job".. I could just build the jack kit & sell it as a weld on but you have to have the right frame to make this work. Also need to have at least a mapp gas & O2 braiser to install it. Mig would be better. So I just post it on this site to keep other builders motivated to keep improving & to protect free thinking. Everywhere I go people say wow do you sell those? You could probably get 1000 for that!! I just smile & say no I just do it for a hobby.

Cost to build frame:
2 junk bikes $100
GEARS & shaft assembly $100
40 hours labor ?? to me priceless...

You could buy a stretched frame to start with for about $250 new.
Gears & shaft still $100
If you know the dimensions about 10 hours labor.

So you see it costs, at least for me about $1300 for all parts that you see on Zack. Another 100 hours of labor. I am not a mass producer so I would lose at any reasonable price.

It is a labor of LOVE!

So far Zack has cost me about $2000 with changes & mistakes. That's not counting labor. He's not done YET!!

Anybody could go buy a pretty nice MC for that. So I've pretty much given up on the retail sales.

I just like buildin' em. I might be in the beach rental market soon. There's some pretty nice places to go around here, & they are babe magnets.....If you like that sort of thang....

So far Zack has cost me about $2000 with changes & mistakes. That's not counting labor. He's not done YET!!

Anybody could go buy a pretty nice MC for that. So I've pretty much given up on the retail sales.

Mind you I think the problem with most of the motorcycles available these days is that they're just too plain bulky, mechanically complex and plastic infested; - or at least I think so anyway. To my mind there's nothing nicer than getting back to the original motor-bicycle concept that inspired our great grandads and great grand-uncles back at the turn of the 20th century.

An example......

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4378/motorbicycle1902hu0.jpg

You are the master without a doubt. love your ideas of the mechanice ofyour builds are inspiring to say the least

Zack with a new Gearbox

I burn't the cvt & quickly too... Clutch looks real old after such a short period that I had to rethink this set=up. I got a Staton 18 to 1 gearbox. This is almost twice as low gears. Changed the clutch springs to some 3000 engagers. I think that this bike better stand up & DANCE. Re built almost all.

Da mn the torpedos, I want a Wheelie bike...!!!

Pics to come.. Soon I hope.

Fantastic

Wonderful job! Now thats a nice bike, super lines, nice choices of materials and parts. Now you can take a breth and think about your next build.

Zack The Xzipper

OK this is starting to look like a Wheelie bike now, but we'll see soon.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

question about getting a plate zomby!!! on the dmv ap it asks for vin # and engine # and i aint got no # so any ideas just make em up. its a happytime 48 cc one of daxes engines also i powdercoated over the bike so no bike id # huh!!!! larry ca

Back