Zomby Zack

Finally got it all together now. Drove it down to the lake, & buried the speedo. (40 mph) I was really suprised. Not even broken in yet, so ought to do at least 45 or so after a couple of tanks. Just a Chinese 49cc with a velocity stack, better exhaust, & a torque converter.

I put a solo seat on for now, but have a custom bannana being upholstered. It will be ready next week.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Gear Range too low

First test drive... Low range only would max 5 mph. at 9,000 rpms HOLY cr ap bat man... Wheelied in about 1/3 range.. but not like a good enduro. Max speed 30 mph/. This is not at all what I had anticipated.. But I guess you have to know that this gearbox is used to motorize freakin WHEEL barrows. It is over 18 to one. I also broke the pipe, Gonna have to make it move a little. It was the most fun ride that I've had all year. 30 minutes of pure strokin. %% & it's broken already...

Can you gear it up a little by getting a smaller rear sprocket for the engine drive? I don't know exactly what the gears are like, or how they're attached to the NuVinci.

VVVVVV iii BRATTESSSS too

Yes Van gonna have to replace both sprockets on the motor drive side. I had a 12 t going to a 28 t. Then to an 18 back to a 22. When I first took off down the street, I thought my clutch was just slipping... 9,000 rpm only doing 5 mph. Mid range was much mo betta. The way it's mounted causes a lot of vibration. After changing the sprockets, I found that I have to raise the motor up to take up the chain slack. So I'll have to move the gearbox brackets. This thing is so different with this gearbox that I totally missed with the gear ratios. Back to the drawing board. Just when I thought it was almost finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remounted the gearbox & now the motor is attached to the bike by the gearbox ONLY. This is how Staton recommended to do it. It works great. Now you could put any other pocket motor on this bike without changing anything. Just remove the 4 mounting bolts to the box & the engine comes off. I also changed the sprockets. It really runs nice now. Low range with the NuVinci is only about 8 - 9 mph but high goes a little less than 50 mph. I can't tell because the speedo only goes to 40 & the needle goes past the 40 mark by an inch. A lot quieter now with dual mufflers & no expansion chamber. Took a little off the performance, but still has plenty of guts.

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Check out this Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQG1e1CtJhs

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. It really runs nice now. After two engines & two different trannys & 3 different types of motor mounts, it finally came together right. Everybody that sees it really likes it.

New Heart for an old Friend

I swapped out the GP 460 for a Honda GXH 50. Real quiet - Still fast, but doesn't P/O the neighbors now.

IMG_1444.jpg

any pics of the the bike from the rear? I would like to see the width of the motor, clutch adaptor, gearbox etc. how wide is the motor setup? does it fit your wider crank pedals? I know when I was setting up my stanton with the honda 50 motor, it was quite wide in the frame.

thanks,
Mike

Back