Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Well, I decided to try out the new Hua Sheuy or whatever it's name is. I looked on the "Wall of Shame", for a bike that the motormount would fit without modifacation, and this lil former tank-bike, a Western Flyer, I think fit the bill! I screwed this lil bike together from parts lying in the breezeway work area. 2 or 3 yo wheelset with good new Cheng Shin "City Riders" or something. 44th sprocket, heated and bent Grube crank, Viscount saddle with old 5/8 in clamp on top, orig backrack, and I had to remove the chainguard. Bike runs good, accelleration is good, engine braking very nice for a auto-clutch. Gearbox has a significant whine which will supposedly decrease as it breaks in. I have no speedo, (yet) I will mount a Whizzer...
Here are some pics of my basic install on a cheap but sturdy Target Schwinn. Total project cost-bike, motor, oil/gas and accesories under $300. This is probably as inexpensive as it will get for all new parts install (including bike), but it is worth every penny for how much fun and satisfaction I get out of my creation, not to mention the looks I get. It's still going to get a custom cup holder on the handlebar, which will push it over the $300 mark-but for something I can cruz around town on all day for a couple bucks in gas and gives me a cheap thrill....you do the math :P
here's what i've been working on, a take off on the gebe engine mount. would like to install this engine in the frame with a jackshaft, but they are just too wide and still be able to pedal. i usually use the smaller 25cc engine, better gas mileage and you get to assist which i just love. next bike is on a 1938 schwinn ace. bigger tank, better frame than this monark, although i like the way this frame handles. it feels like a motorcycle. w.
I thought I'd post this pic to see if anyone might know where I can get a bike like this that's in better shape. I used to have one back in the late 70's/early 80's. Always thought it would be cool to motorize! Don't know if an engine would fit in there. So if anyone knows of a bike like this that's in better shape let me know.
This 'bent I built about 3 years ago. Had intended to give it to one of my grandsons, but he was two inches too tall. Not much room for a motor without some serious surgery. As fast as it is now, I'd probably land in the hoosecow halfway through the first tank. Weighs 24 pounds.
Well, after doing the schwinn Chopper for the kids, thought it looked like fun so I thought I'd try something full size. Finished it this morning (although I'm going to get a different fuel tank which will mount in the same spot). I wanted something that looked like an off-road bike, so it's got a high pipe. The engine is a grubee 50cc (lots less horsepower than the 70cc it seems, might be the fact that's it's geared a lot higher) Anyway, I've already lifted the jet needle one click to the third slot and it still seems lean. There's one click left but I'm going to watch the plug and hopefully it's OK now. This bike vibrates a LOT less than the OCC bike. I was going to call it the Stealth Bomber, but the kid thinks it should be called...
This is my Haro V1 aluminum frame mountain cruiser I added a RockShox Judy C fork and a Sturmey-Archer XFD front drum hub the bike came with 1-piece brake/shifters levers, I prefer a double brake lever, so I removed front and back derailleurs, shortened chain and ran a chain guide from a tandem (those multi-speed chains are very narrow and need tension to keep from jumping sprocket) removing extra levers left bars much cleaner ! the switches on either side of stem are - right side = kill switch, left side = headlight (20watt halogen bulb modded into drivinglight housing, powered by 12v 12ah battery (on rack behind seat)... rode it last night for 1.5 hrs and charge barely went down :D ) I think I am done changing things...
OK, here is the internet debut of this rare Motorbike. This bike is unrestored and is in as found condition after being stored for over 70 years. Built in Illinois by the Anthony Manufacturing Co. in 1935 as a prototype using the British Cyc-Auto 98cc 2 cycle motor. Pedal to start. They built 2 of these bikes, one mans and one womans but they never put them into production because the company (Cyc-Auto) that was to provide the motors was sold in 1936 to the British Scott Motorcycle Co. It seems the Scott Motorcycle Co. was not interested in selling motors to the American based Anthony Mfg. Company. A bit of history: Cyc-Auto is credited with being the company which started the Auto Cycles (what motorized bicycles were called...
So I blew out my tire in the rear, and decided to replace the whole wheel with a smaller one to lower the center of gravity a bit [I accidentally revved a little to high when crossing the road and popped a huge wheelie throwing myself off the bike]... Heres a before picture to give you an idea: Got a 20" BMX wheel with a lotta spokes and started riggin it up, only thing was with so many spokes I had a hard time gettin all the bolts through.. Would it be super dangerous to not have a few bolts in? I couldnt fit 3. Then I replaced the little 16" wheel up front with a 26" and thats when things started getting interesting... Since I was a little too lazy to adjust the banana seat, the new setup was even worse than the...
Just got the engine on the other day & all ready the chain came off & got stuck between the sprocket & the spokes & bent my new rim. Oh well, it's way too much fun. Off to the bike shop to buy another rim.
Back