70cc 2-stroke auto clucth electric/pull start

Nope, I wouldn't agree at all, you can't build a shifting Pred for anywhere near $300.
You can't even build a direct drive for $300.
$300 gets you an engine and shift kit, nothing else.

...and nothing else fits for that engine, not even the shift kit.

Well, yes that is true but that are the major parts to the bike. You simply need a mounting plate, throttle and cables, and a centrifugal clutch. I guess that is another $100. Yeah, I guess it would be difficult to decide at that point if it is an extra ~$100. But, I still think a shifting engine is better than all the bells and whistles from this new 2-stroke.

But, I still think a shifting engine is better than all the bells and whistles from this new 2-stroke.
I agree, that's why I am mostly building 4-stroke shifters these days.

Have you heard anything from the test subject?
I'm curious to know about it since they are popping up more and more to be just a beta test
Still running good, Joe (my helper) has been loving it.
Everyone who builds a lot should have a 'Joe' ;-}

having to find a place to hang the battery, certainly puts it in a different class from the usual HT kit with the claim:

"SELF CONTAINING SAUCE OF POWER -- OUTSIDE POWER IS NEEDLES! ! !"

having to find a place to hang the battery, certainly puts it in a different class from the usual HT kit with the claim.
SELF CONTAINING SAUCE OF POWER -- OUTSIDE POWER IS NEEDLES! ! !"
HT is a 'Happy Times' engine, about the worst on the market and not a term I would ever use, but a great example of the BS.

Good candidate for fuel injection;)
Hehehe, good one bud ;-}

HT is a 'Happy Times' engine, about the worst on the market and not a term I would ever use, but a great example of the BS.

Hehehe, good one bud ;-}

So the Happy Time is a specific engine? Darn. I actually like the sound of "Happy Time" and I was hoping to not use the China Girl term, to avoid using any term that sounds a bit racist. I'll have to edit my profile and put "generic 2-stroke 66" instead of "Happy Time 66".

Back