70cc 2-stroke auto clucth electric/pull start

aha. now it works.

www.jlzeda.com

20160410135844_61632.jpg

not very impressive. looks heavy. as kcvale said, its wide...so you need those awful bent cranks or a wide bottom bracket...

defeats the whole point of getting the HT that fits virtually anything, doesnt it?

might be ok for a little gokart or scooter though... is it worth it?

gunna be hard to do any port work on a combined head/cylinder.

note the use of the NT carb, rather than go for say, a 20mm walbro/zama with integral pump.

why cant people actually be innovative when theyre innovating?

i doubt sales will ever return the investment made in designing it...
porting shouldn't be too bad. transfers have no walls so that's easy and you can always come in from the outside through the port for the intake and exhaust ports. nt carb... works, cheap, what else can you expect from china? I'll probably end up using a keihin clone like I always do either way.

the thing is begging for a shift kit, so I may end up doing that too.

the width doesn't bother me, my expansion chambers usually add a solid 4 inches to the width of my bikes anyway.

throw in my old pipe dream of an electric hub with regenerative braking as well, and who needs pedals?

Last edited:
porting shouldn't be too bad. transfers have no walls so that's easy and you can always come in from the outside through the port for the intake and exhaust ports. nt carb... works, cheap, what else can you expect from china? I'll probably end up using a keihin clone like I always do either way.

the thing is begging for a shift kit, so I may end up doing that too.

the width doesn't bother me, my expansion chambers usually add a solid 4 inches to the width of my bikes anyway.

throw in my old pipe dream of an electric hub with regenerative braking as well, and who needs pedals?
I SO wanted to JS this build but for a fair test it had to be direct drive, that, and SBP doesn't have a mount kit that will take the 4-bolt rear mount yet. Not that matters to me, I can fab, but it needed a fair trial.

All thumbs up so far excerpt the electric start and Aux power...
I haven't had time to get into that yet, I haven't been feeling so good for over a week now so suffice it to say I will get to a final assessment of the whole system when I do.

Looks good. but I think the motor in a vesper 50 cc will run better more reliable electric start hole lot just seen hole vesper going ready to ride for $400 the more I look at the 70 cc motor the more it looks like a money pit cheap wana be vesper motor yes the vesper motor cost more that's because it's good quality a real engine not a toy I would rather build a vesper push bike then put money down the 70 cc hole

^^^ or use a lifan 4 stroke 4speed with aftermarket cams etc...^^^

plus the parts are cheap and plentiful.

quote for sample from zeda...$330 US, shipped. shipping is MORE than half the cost. thats ~$460 au.

^^^ or use a lifan 4 stroke 4speed with aftermarket cams etc...^^^
plus the parts are cheap and plentiful.
quote for sample from zeda...$330 US, shipped. shipping is MORE than half the cost. thats ~$460 au.
Well, price is negotiable depending who started the inquiry, they came to me so I didn't pay that much ;-}

It has been ridden hard and held up well, no leaks, breaks, etc.
I have been in contact nearly daily about prices and delivery details and not comfortable with what I am hearing for a cargo container order (50-60 kits)...

They are not EPA approved, so illegal to import to the US.
That's why I buy real Skyhawk, they dropped the $10K to get their engines EPA approved.

They come as 'parts' in 2 boxes with the jugs removed, if your order is caught and destroyed, your tough luck, you are out your money and product.
I'll pass.

Besides I am with HeadSmess, 4-stroke is my thing these days, just shifters for mechanical advantage and what an advantage it is.

I haven't had a chance to have both systems on hand to run them them side by side but I will.
My bet is a 53cc HS 144F with a 10G will best the Zeda's 70cc running direct drive in an overall test of 'what would you rater have?' test despite the larger engines power advantage.

This recent customer just brought me a few 'boxes of parts' and I made him this.
Customers color choices, not mine...

2_GreenBlackGT2L-1280.jpg

2_GreenBlackGT2R-1280.jpg

About the same pedal width and a pull start 49cc, with a 5-speed SA internal shifter and it rocks.
I like 'em so I think I'll shy away from Zela's offers, this setup has too may advantages, like being legal just for starters.

Last edited:
Well, price is negotiable depending who started the inquiry, they came to me so I didn't pay that much ;-}
Besides I am with HeadSmess, 4-stroke is my thing these days, just shifters for mechanical advantage and what an advantage it is.

Looking at some of the sites posted, it looks like it will retail at around $300, which I mean you would agree that a 79cc 4-stroke Predator with jackshaft kit is the preferable option at around the same price.

Sorry bout my awful screenshots :) but found this bike already for sale with the 70cc electric start engine and apparently he knows what he has lol

I think it's in the Milwaukee area on Craigslist

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    868.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image.png
    image.png
    982 KB · Views: 172
Looking at some of the sites posted, it looks like it will retail at around $300, which I mean you would agree that a 79cc 4-stroke Predator with jackshaft kit is the preferable option at around the same price.
Nope, I wouldn't agree at all, you can't build a shifting Pred for anywhere near $300.
You can't even build a direct drive for $300.
$300 gets you an engine and shift kit, nothing else.

...and nothing else fits for that engine, not even the shift kit.

I just have to smile at BikeBerry...
They don't care whats in the box, just moving it and saying goodbye to it.

I do however love to re-post their websites claim of 'what to expect from the box', the same one they use for every including the is 70cc.

---
Product Requirements

Installation is a breeze!
The rider only needs some basic hardware skills, tools, and...
around 2-3 hours for installation and fine tuning adjustments

(Note: Seller is not responsible for misuse or this kit or any warranty after installation).
---
s**t... It's one thing to exaggerate actual Cubic Centimeter Displacement numbers like calling a 66cc an 80cc, but now Time?

They won't even open the box let alone actually build one to see long it takes...
Anyway that don't matter, these engines are coming to the states if they can sneak past customs (expensive gamble).
In real life, BB's 'hours to build' are days if not weeks so keep that in mind...

I don't have the battery on yet but the electronics are done, I let Joe take it home for the weekend to beat the crap out of it see how it holds up with just pull start but he sure sure loves it so far.

More results as time goes on.
Have you heard anything from the test subject? I'm curious to know about it since they are popping up more and more to be just a beta test

Back