70cc 2-stroke auto clucth electric/pull start

Back on topic, lol.
Do you have the electric start wired up yet, KC? :)
Yes, my battery wasn't up to the task so we have been jump starting it from a car battery until I can afford to replace the old one I have.

Joe my wrench turner doesn't care, he loves the thing.
He's been with me for the last ~20-30 builds of all kinds and this is one of his favorites and Direct Drive if that says anything with all the shifters I build!

Just beware the pull start, it is meant for electric back-up only and don't handle constant use well...
Mine broke in about a week and I still can't find a replacement.

Overall though I give it a thumbs up, you can feel that extra 4cc and the automatic clutch is really sweet ;-}

Yes, my battery wasn't up to the task so we have been jump starting it from a car battery until I can afford to replace the old one I have.

He's been with me for the last ~20-30 builds of all kinds and this is one of his favorites and Direct Drive if that says anything with all the shifters I build!

Just beware the pull start, it is meant for electric back-up only and don't handle constant use well...

Overall though I give it a thumbs up, you can feel that extra 4cc and the automatic clutch is really sweet ;-}
Do you think it could be modified easily? It seems like a good engine to port and put a expansion chamber on.

I was asking about the electric start because the pull start seemed like it would be better removed altogether to make the engine less wwwideee. If the electric start is reliable then it seems like a good idea to get rid of the pull start and use a normal width / better crankset.
I am still sticking with collecting parts for a HT shifter though as no one is even selling these engines in Europe yet AFAIK.

Do you think it could be modified easily? It seems like a good engine to port and put a expansion chamber on.
Overall no for port mods...
The head and jug are one piece that already gives you another 4cc actual, I suggest not dicking with it.
A tuned after market Expansion Chamber exhaust however will improve performance regardless.

If I wasn't so invested in 4-stroke shifters now I'd spend the time to figure out how to make a JackShaft kit for this engine ;-}

Back