Cant seem to get it running

MIght be. I sent my carb into Duane, looking for just a slide replacement. He replaced my slide under warranty (thanks by the way) i dont know if he took a look at the rest of it...I doubt it, but i didnt expect him to either. But my friends have these bikes with the same motor as well, so maybe i can just borrow one of their carburetor's to test it out.

Will get back to you on that one as well.

Thanks.
Connor

Hope that solved it! Seems like a reasonable problem..

augidog said:
Connor said:
I have squirted fuel directly into the pistion if thats what you mean (taken out the spark plug and dropped some down in there) and when i do this it fires up for a moment then just dies.

based on that statement, i have to vote for a carburetor problem...?

Agreed, its got to be in the carb. Heres a dumb question but you do have the choke off right?...Kelly

Sorry for the dumb questions but your bike has me perplexed and I am starting with the basics. Dumb question number two, up is on and down is off, correct?...Kelly

assuming the assembly's correct...

check your idle screw...one time mine refused to start, even when already warmed up. i pedaled my *ss off!

i finally discovered the screw had vibrated way too far out, screwed it all the way in, backed off 4 turns, whammo... :)

Really? The bike wont even sputter if the idle screw isnt screwed in far enough?

nogoodnic42 said:
Sorry for the dumb questions but your bike has me perplexed and I am starting with the basics. Dumb question number two, up is on and down is off, correct?...Kelly

NO worries. Yes that is correct.

With the aircleaner off can you see the slide moving as you twist the throtle?...Kelly

Don't want to minimize this too much, but these two stroke engines are pretty simple. The things they must have to run is compression (pretty easy to check), ignition at the proper time (easy to check except for timing which is very difficult to change), a relatively easy flowing exhaust, and fuel air mix at the proper ratio. The last part being the hardest to check, and is usually the problem when one doesn't run. Basically, if it has compression and ignition, 99 times out of 100 the problem will be carburetion.

Back