Complete noob,zero experience, need advice for a build.

Personally speaking, I really think the 2 strokes are the "true" simplicity over the 4 stroke, but thats just me.

With 2 strokes, you do not change the oil, or periodically have to adjust valve lash, etc.
Fair point. I guess they also don't usually need clutch parts replaced... They are much cheaper...

Personally speaking, I really think the 2 strokes are the "true" simplicity over the 4 stroke, but thats just me.

With 2 strokes, you do not change the oil, or periodically have to adjust valve lash, etc.
Starting to make me wonder how bad a standard eBay China doll 80/66 engine would be... I've heard how to be selective when buying them... At basically $100 it's not bad at all...

I guess they also don't usually need clutch parts replaced
I just change out the clutch pads about every 3 or 4 thousand miles, It's a 5 minute job and very cheap...I bought a bag of 45 upgrades black and white type pads for a little over 6 bucks from Amazon...That is three clutch pad changeouts for dirt cheap money, and they are much better than the clay red coloured pads most of these kits come with, I don't even use those, I chuck em out in the trash...lol...Just like a throw out those cheap "Chinesium" Z series spark plugs they come with and replace them with a good NGK plug like the NGK-BR6HS spark plug for most of these motors.

Starting to make me wonder how bad a standard eBay China doll 80/66 engine would be... I've heard how to be selective when buying them... At basically $100 it's not bad at all...
I seriously doubt you will get a six month no fuss warranty replcement on anything in the kit if it comes from Ebay...lol...Just saying

I just change out the clutch pads about every 3 or 4 thousand miles, It's a 5 minute job and very cheap...I bought a bag of 45 upgrades black and white type pads for a little over 6 bucks from Amazon...That is three clutch pad changeouts for dirt cheap money, and they are much better than the clay red coloured pads most of these kits come with, I don't even use those, I chuck em out in the trash...lol...Just like a throw out those cheap "Chinesium" Z series spark plugs they come with and replace them with a good NGK plug like the NGK-BR6HS spark plug for most of these motors.
I guess when I think about it, other than occasional greasing, these 2 strokes have zero maintenance...

Wrong...lol...bicycle-engines.com does it and @ImpulseRocket89 and myself have had the rare occasion of having to use it, so I know they honour it from first hand experience...lol.
Interesting. I've heard most of these kits if properly broken in and taken care of, never have issues.

Wrong...lol...bicycle-engines.com does it and @ImpulseRocket89 and myself have had the rare occasion of having to use it, so I know they honour it from first hand experience...lol.
I still almost want to take the risk just because on eBay they are half the cost... On the other hand, would I be paying double the cost for double the quality on bicycle-engines.com?

It's a lot like the old mechanics joke when people pay more than what they expected or wanted to..."You can pay me know, or you can really pay me later, your choice"...lol...lol.

I would rather pay the price now for a better quality product that has real warranty backing behind it than to throw away money two or three times in a row and wind up with alot of nothing for my trouble, not to mention my time and effort putting things together only to have to tear it apart to do all over again and still having to pay again for whats needed to repair something that should have been covered by warranty in the first place.

YEP, you do spend a little more up front, but it is worth it especially with the warranty included.

Back