Complete noob,zero experience, need advice for a build.

Wrong...lol...bicycle-engines.com does it and @ImpulseRocket89 and myself have had the rare occasion of having to use it, so I know they honour it from first hand experience...lol.
Also, what about chain tensioners? I've heard people say break the chains and adjust out the slack, and that the tensioners are dangerous...

It's a lot like the old mechanics joke when people pay more than what they expected or wanted to..."You can pay me know, or you can really pay me later, your choice"...lol...lol.

I would rather pay the price now for a better quality product that has real warranty backing behind it than to throw away money two or three times in a row and wind up with alot of nothing for my trouble, not to mention my time and effort putting things together only to have to tear it apart to do all over again and still having to pay again for whats needed to repair something that should have been covered by warranty in the first place.

YEP, you do spend a little more up front, but it is worth it especially with the warranty included.
Makes sense to me...

Also, what about chain tensioners? I've heard people say break the chains and adjust out the slack, and that the tensioners are dangerous...
Take a close look at my bike and tell me where you see the tensioner...lol.

DSCN0229.JPG

It's non existant...lol...I ran one until about 5 or 6 years ago I think...The pully wheel shattered into a thousand pieces...I then cut the chain to exact fit...Same with pedal chain to match for no slack.
This can be done with just a punch, no breaker required right? And it doesn't stretch or anything weird?

Back