Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

matching levers, dual pulls on both sides, but then clutch side has only 1 come off it n not locking. i wanna do that but have to attach a tab to flip into the gap.
update pics requested!

New piston from MZ Miami came in, $10 shipped and it is the cleanest ever to come to my door. Not a mark on it and well packaged. Polished the crown so it's easier to clean up.

Fixed the paint from when the bike fell over. Also painted and cleared the fender, stem and a few other odds and ends. Started on the new battery pack at 2am lol. Woke up, dog woke up and wanted out so I was awake. The holder and leads are done. Just need to make the connections to the board and shrink wrap it.

Going to build the engine in the morning. Super excited about that. This is my creation, no longer a Zeda motor sports case reed. Can't wait to see how it performs and to hear that new pipe for the first time. I'll have some pictures of it tomorrow.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

MZMiami is great! They ship fast, don't overprice, and stuff comes in great shape. They are the best place for CNC mounts w/sprocket.

Wish I lived close enough to just swing by their shop.

Yeah, don't hear any bs about them at all. Just wish they would stop selling all their pipes to Rob lol.
Meh it's just MZ65s in anyway...they are better than the cdh66/zeda88 pipes but still not great compared to a real pipe. Since you can weld, a real dirt bike pipe will be cheaper and WAY better performance than a bolton pipe.

I have a KX65 pipe but I'm using a Yasuni R scooter pipe.

I like the mz65 for the bikes I have sold. Nice upgrade makes people happy and puts more money in my pocket. Still won't do any porting other then clean up lol. Can't make the other guys too fast! Have only done 3 so far but once this bike is going probably get more that want them. The others were because of the Hyper. Still have to build a steel one again. Loved that bike.

I have a KX65 pipe but I'm using a Yasuni R scooter pipe.

I like the mz65 for the bikes I have sold. Nice upgrade makes people happy and puts more money in my pocket. Still won't do any porting other then clean up lol. Can't make the other guys too fast! Have only done 3 so far but once this bike is going probably get more that want them. The others were because of the Hyper. Still have to build a steel one again. Loved that bike.
I was lucky enough to rebuy one of the steel Hypers I sold a while back to keep as my project bike (I was using a cheap roadmaster). It's the bike that I try out new parts and ideas on and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it lol.

Yeah, they are a comfortable frame. I'm 5'8" and it was perfect even with everything very low. Just need to fix the dropouts lol. Have some ideas for frame mods. Want to stretch one at the stays. Just a couple of inches though.

Engine is back together. Had to use 2 case gaskets. The Runwell crank is a bout a half of a millimeter wider which is exactly what the gaskets are. Had to open up the motor mounts. The Namura rings are a PITA to compress. Had to use a hose clamp as a ring compressor lol. Figured out the bevel gear bolt from BMW is just a crank bolt! Have to post that in that thread. It's pouring rain so the bike is at a stand still. My shop is such a mess that I can't put the bike together inside. Would bring it in the house but women hate that haha.

Stretches

Attachments

• 4C4D1270-4DF2-4549-A05C-DEA4A18F16BE.jpeg
    4C4D1270-4DF2-4549-A05C-DEA4A18F16BE.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 4E1545E0-91DF-4987-AF4A-A5226406F110.jpeg
    4E1545E0-91DF-4987-AF4A-A5226406F110.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 138
Back