Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Yeah, they are a comfortable frame. I'm 5'8" and it was perfect even with everything very low. Just need to fix the dropouts lol. Have some ideas for frame mods. Want to stretch one at the stays. Just a couple of inches though.

Engine is back together. Had to use 2 case gaskets. The Runwell crank is a bout a half of a millimeter wider which is exactly what the gaskets are. Had to open up the motor mounts. The Namura rings are a PITA to compress. Had to use a hose clamp as a ring compressor lol. Figured out the bevel gear bolt from BMW is just a crank bolt! Have to post that in that thread. It's pouring rain so the bike is at a stand still. My shop is such a mess that I can't put the bike together inside. Would bring it in the house but women hate that haha.
Sweet! I stretched a Sun Revolution cruiser for my 4stroke build, but did it in front of the bottom bracket since I needed the space inside the frame. 70lbs of motor and transmission needed to be stuffed in there :LOL:.

I kinda like the Hyper geometry as-is but I bet it looks killer with a chainstay stretch. IIRC the Hyper is almost exactly a full 1" longer wheelbase than the Cranbrook stock vs stock, which is why it feels more stable at speed (at least until you hit ~45 and the front fork starts acting up lol).

My wife has been patient with me but the whole damn dining room is covered in parts and bike stuff since I need to clean the workshop and started doing stuff there since it has the brightest light lol. I have family coming down next month though so the free ride is over and now I have a few busy cleaning days coming up :cry:.

The new cranbrook is somewhere between the Hyper and the old cranbrook. With my new dropouts it is the same head tube angle and wheel base.

Need to order a new seat, too f'n big lol. Have to space the right crank out because it hits the clutch cover. Also need to cut the u bend in the pipe and rotate it out a little. Might heat and twist it. Muffler just barely hits the cylinder. Had a standard cylinder on when it was mocked up. Guess the fins are a little bigger?

New seat is ordered. It's a quilted leather springer. About 8 1/2" wide rather than 11 1/4" lol. Also ordered some Alligator titanium coated rotors for the hell of it.

The muffler is going in the parts bin. I ride right foot forward and it blows directly onto the pedal. Also hits the cylinder. Going to come straight out with a slash cut about even with the axle. Kinda wanted to use it but not really if that makes any sense. Going to do that now.

New seat is ordered. It's a quilted leather springer. About 8 1/2" wide rather than 11 1/4" lol. Also ordered some Alligator titanium coated rotors for the hell of it.

The muffler is going in the parts bin. I ride right foot forward and it blows directly onto the pedal. Also hits the cylinder. Going to come straight out with a slash cut about even with the axle. Kinda wanted to use it but not really if that makes any sense. Going to do that now.
That makes sense,and is looking really cool brother!

Ordered another sleeve cylinder. Have an idea for a boost port that is fed externally from a tube going to the transfer or crankcase. Thought about putting a window in the piston so that can could feed one but think that jb weld will mess me up. Would have to cut it by hand and grinding the steel then hitting the jb in the intake port could be a problem.

Back