Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Ugh, what a stupid f***ing day. Somebody decided I wanted a "party" for 2 years sober. Well I didn't and I sure as f*** didn't want to "party" with all the women from my family. The men were all smart enough to find something else to do. As for the sober thing I was undiagnosed bipolar 2 and ended up in a tent because of my actions. When I went to rehab I was diagnosed and have been being treated ever since. The drinking was just part of my mania.

So on to the bike. This weekend finished up the fuel system, cables and some little loose ends. Not 100% but ready to run. No spark. After trying a few things I think it's the magneto. To much bs with the electrical so I'm ripping it out and starting over. Getting rid of the switches on the bars, the horn and all the connectors. Just going to solder the connections and be done with it. Would have been running if I didn't have a bs "party".

Congrats on the life change, and nothing but good wishes for your future. Sometimes things just suck. Not a big fan of parties on my behalf either. Then again haven't seen one in 35 years, so guess the up side is after being dick enough to wind up in a tent you still have folks who care enough about you to throw you parties. Even on the f***ing stupid suck assed days things ain't all that bad. Hope you get the wiring sorted out. Oh almost forgot. Feel free to vent.:)

Congrats on your party spareparts. Im not one for unwanted parties either. I've been in your shoes. I've been clean 11 years now. I was addicted to percocet and oxycontin. Went to rehab. I can only tell you that just keep taking it a day at a time and it gets a little easier. If ya ever need to get it out, I'm here for ya

Back