Ordered the new pipe! Picked up a KX65 pipe from egay. It's in pretty good shape with a couple of dents. Easy fix. Also ordered the header kit ZMS. Should make my life easier so I guess I'll be cursing it when I get it haha.
Well Saturday I decided to true and balance the crank. Boy was that a project. First thing was building a stand out of some scrap stainless steel plate I had. Than it was on to getting the sides parallel so wedge here clamp there and so on. After that I setup a couple of dial indicators and spun the crank. Tap tap here tap tap there tap tap everywhere lol. Going off of the crank halves I got it to .01xmm. The threads on the magneto side seem to have a bend. The area where the bearing goes is fine. All that took 6 hours!
When I balanced it i took the 4 10mm holes to 1/2" and added 4 7/16" hole but didn't go all the way through. Got the balance factor to 42.61%. I was aiming for about 40% because that seems to be the number a lot of people go for. It's probably a little lower now because the holes have been filled with epoxy to lower the case volume. Haven't checked, waiting for the epoxy to setup.
Kx pipe came in today and it's not going on this build. Needs way to much work and all the talk about scooter pipes has me wanting to jump on that bandwagon lol. Been looking at a few since I ordered the kx pipe and I started hoping it wouldn't fit. Going to look them some more and probably order something this weekend.
Pipe came in today and man it's so nice. Probably the nicest looking welds I have ever seen. Going to feel bad cutting on it hahaha! Waiting on some parts to convert my welder to dc. Only plan to tack the pipe for now and finish once the conversion is done. Also Douchebag Motor Sports finally shipped the header kit and it comes tomorrow. Got plenty to do this weekend now.