disc brakes

My Schwinndler project is on hold...
I fell off my deck and broke my hip.
Had to get a total hip replacement.
So now I'm limited to what I can do. So I wait.
I have a broken hip too but I can still walk pretty well, then again I have really good pain killers...
I could get mine replaced but recovery time may be all the time I have left and I'm not going to spend it not walking around.

I have a broken hip too but I can still walk pretty well, then again I have really good pain killers...
I could get mine replaced but recovery time may be all the time I have left and I'm not going to spend it not walking around.
I couldn't walk at all so I had no choice. It's four weeks since the replacement and I can walk.
Still have a lot of pain and my pain killers are not very good. Hope to get back to work on my bikes soon.

I couldn't walk at all so I had no choice.
It's four weeks since the replacement and I can walk.
Nice recovery time.
I don't have time for that down time, our adult son is paralyzed from the chest down and living here, the last thing my wife needs is another invalid, you can roll a single die as a guess for how many years I have left before cancer takes me (1-6) so I refuse to be a burden to her.

Still have a lot of pain and my pain killers are not very good.
Hope to get back to work on my bikes soon.
Ya, there is big crackdown on perception drugs like Oxy so you may only be getting like Tylenol 3.

Since I now have an expiration date I can get Hospice Care through my insurance...
Best health care I have ever had and no cost to me to me.

'Hospice' only job is to 'make me comfortable' and check my vitals with House Calls!
They can write prescriptions and have them delivered to my door.
Shoot...
Get a doc to prescribe you 10mg Prednisone pills, that's how I am walking with a broken hip and it don't hurt that much usually...

But 'just in case' of extreme pain they keep me well provided with liquid Morphine, the kind you squirt a little syringe full under you tongue, it doesn't get you high but it sure is effective at blocking pain.

I love Hospice care other than having to literally be dying to get it.

Norco and Tramadol is what they gave me.
Not very good but better than nothing.
Bummer.
Inquire about Prednisone, one pill in the morning and I'm good for most of the day but come nightfall it's time to break out the morphine before bed.
I sleep like a dog with that.

Full respect kc...hope you roll a 6 :(.

Norco and Tramadol is what they gave me. Not very good but better than nothing. Can't take many of them. They control how many I can take. Good luck to you brother.
Since you're not dying staying away from the hard core addictive stuff is a good idea in my humble opinion. A little more pain now beat the hell out of an addiction later. Looks like your doctor is looking out for you. I hope you get better and get back to bike building soon. :)

Back