Friction drive question..Motor keeps bogging

Thanks! yea i'll try it again...and with the motor bogging problem it's weird because i just had it out for a rip around my neighbor hood twice and it hasn't bogged....sometimes it want's to start and sometimes it doesnt...so i'm thinking maybe sparkplug? or a wire issue not sure but it's bugging me haha...going to take it out again and see if it bogs now that i let it sit for a half hour....it has to be a small issue i'm thinking if it starts and goes and then sometimes it doesn't want to start at all and bogs

Yea she rips not bogging...but few days ago the engine woulden't even start at all not sure wth is going on! thanks for all the advice i'm going to do all that stuff soon...going to order a new spark plug make sure the cable is hooked up right try to find the good spot for the back roller dont want it touching the tire too much and what not and then see how it runs after all that

You're welcome.

Like yours, my Mitsubishi engines were VERY dependable.
All its internal parts were bulletproof.
I ran two Mits engines at top speed on flat ground for 10 miles in 90* weather.
Without a hiccup.

Out of my entire bike, the engines were the most reliable.

It's prolly something simple.

If that primer bulb is not working, the engine won't start.

I ALWAYS primed my Mits engines before starting.
Check to see if the primer bulb is pumping gas.
It's like a tiny fuel pump.

Change and gap the sparkplug.
Wash the carb screen filter.
Check and clean or replace the fuel filter.

Gotcha...i was ill have to figure out how to wash the carb screen filter seems easy....my main problems now is the bike is running like a top lately....but now the gas cap is leaking gas espcially when it's filled up...i'm wondering if i'm missing some sort of seal or something

Gotcha...i was ill have to figure out how to wash the carb screen filter seems easy....my main problems now is the bike is running like a top lately....but now the gas cap is leaking gas espcially when it's filled up...i'm wondering if i'm missing some sort of seal or something

If it's foam, dish washing soap and water should work.

Yea, I had that problem too.
The leak might be coming from the round fuel grommet on the top of the tank.

It's been years ago.
I might've plugged the cap vent hole with a self-tapping screw.

I can't recall right now.:(

Yea man...i used a rubber round seal piece off a jerry can cap and it holds it on tight no leaks now...more power also it seems like...but sweet..it's been running super good past few days now it's weird...will start up first pull no bogging or anything

The Mits is a good, simple engine.

When the engine is brand new, it might bog down and die after a mile or so.
This is due to tight vacuum sealing fuel grommets and gas cap.
When you loosen the gas cap then tighten it back up again,
the engine will run a mile or so, then quit again.
When the grommet loosens up, the problem disappears for good.
LOL, then the gas cap spills fuel, like mine's did.
Also, in a horizontal position, it's VERY hard to fill the tank
to the maximum.
I'd have to literally run the bike up a tree,
then fill the tank.
Then it'd start leaking from the gas cap,
until I sealed the gas cap.
Then it ran perfectly for years.
All it needs is a new spark plug for dessert, every so often.

Haha yea! sound's about right....it's been running amazing ever since i fixed the gas cap leak..but who knows when it will start bogging again..seem's like a decent engine though..might have a potential buyer soon then i might move onto a regular gas bike...but probably run into problems with that also since it's used...but thanks for your help it's been very helpful now i know what to do if i run into problems lol!

You're welcome.

You'll have problems on regular gas bikes
that weren't an issue with your Mits engine setup.

That is the nature of motorized bicycling.

Good luck.

Haha yea! sound's about right....it's been running amazing ever since i fixed the gas cap leak..but who knows when it will start bogging again..seem's like a decent engine though..might have a potential buyer soon then i might move onto a regular gas bike...but probably run into problems with that also since it's used...but thanks for your help it's been very helpful now i know what to do if i run into problems lol!

When/if it bogs again, loosen the gas cap.

Then treat your engine to a new sparkplug.;)

Back