Hello And Help Me!!

thanks alot fastboy, i printed out those pages, they are going to be extremely helpful, Im definetly going to do this project myself rather than find some mechanic, like someone recommended.besides they charge like 45 bucks an hour for labor.

will start tomorrow morning, thanks again,

no problem, with those instructions it should be fine, just think of it as a big rubbish jigsaw puzzle. You learn a lot too from these engine kits, I hadnt a clue when I first ordered mine but now I'm doing more than alright. Plus if you get stuck on anything then just ask, look forward to seeing your bike running!

Fastboy

Hello, My name is Sam and im from the northern suburbs of chicago, if your anywhere near the area my friend and I would be willing to help you out with any speedbumps you might hit along the way. Good luck.

no problem, with those instructions it should be fine, just think of it as a big rubbish jigsaw puzzle. You learn a lot too from these engine kits, I hadnt a clue when I first ordered mine but now I'm doing more than alright. Plus if you get stuck on anything then just ask, look forward to seeing your bike running!

Fastboy

oh my goodness, those instructions are really helping, today I got alot of it done, 2morow im putting the chain and stuff but Im sure I am going to have some tweaking to do when i think im done, thanks alot

Hello, My name is Sam and im from the northern suburbs of chicago, if your anywhere near the area my friend and I would be willing to help you out with any speedbumps you might hit along the way. Good luck.

aww thanks:) i think I might be too far,Iam about 2 hours straight west from chicago

ah thad be very cool:) i cud ride my bike up there....:D

Just make sure you carry a backpack full of tools and spare parts if you travel any farther than walking distance from home. It sure is a bummer if you are a long ways from home, and something breaks, vibrates loose, or just needs adjustment, and you don't have any tools.

I always carry the following with me:

* tools
* spare inner tube, and mini tire pump
* spare clutch and throttle cables (I already broke 2 throttle cables. One time I was 30 miles from home)
* extra spark plugs
* spare tensioner wheel
* spare chain
* misc. nuts and bolts
* blue threadlocker
* duct tape (that always comes in handy LOL)

I am probably forgetting a few things. It is alot of extra weight, but it is worth it. The last thing you want to do is have to pedal 30 miles home.

Welcome to the board!!

(I already broke 2 throttle cables. One time I was 30 miles from home)

Just curious, how do you break a throttle cable, twice ?
I can undrstand a clutch cable might break.
Where exactly was the break in the cable, carby end, hand-grip end or centre as in, did it snap clean off ?

Thanks.

BoiltsM

IT snapped off clean both times inside the twist throttle. I probably crank on it too hard when I am going full throttle. I guess I don't know my own strength lol. I'll be a little easier on the next one.

Back