Hi I am new, and don't know anything?? Help for an aspiring builder!!

dallenhos

Local time
9:57 PM
Hello everyone, I am brand new to all of this. Is there like a master genius who can tell me basically everything I need to know to get started. I am looking for motors right now, what kind of motor do I need. I was looking at a 66cc motor from a chain saw, would that work? How do I know if it has a clutch?? Thanks in advance....I look forward to hearing from everybody. :cool:

Im not a guru but I always tell people to find a bike first... what Kind of bike are you planning on using? What kind of budget are you looking at? Cause there are many ways you can build one... I wouldnt recommend using a chainsaw motor uness you are good at fabricating things.

There are many kits out there ranging from $100 - $600+. If cost isnt an issue I would highly recommend the Golden Eagle Bikes kit with the robin/subaru 35cc. Best kit available in my opinion... by far my favorite out of the 5 bikes I have built so far.

Welcome to the group dallenhos. Glad your here.

Good points from give me vtec. Maybe flip through the photo gallery for a good hr. and come back and tell us the style of frame you like. What ever motor that is that bike will be a good start to get your feet wet.

Last edited:
Back