I'm fairly new to this, and want to make the most out of my budget

You can build a real nice bike with motor for under $275.
I built 5 so far and sold them from $450 to $650.
I got 2 more bikes I'm working on and they'll go for about $550 to $750
It depends on how much extra bling you put on them and NO cheap parts

You can build a real nice bike with motor for under $275.
I built 5 so far and sold them from $450 to $650.
I got 2 more bikes I'm working on and they'll go for about $550 to $750
It depends on how much extra bling you put on them and NO cheap parts

You can build a nice looking bike I agree.
But it's a junk bike. But that's what a lot of people want.

$100 bikes are pure trash. I bought lots for kids.....they break easy. Had $100 mountain bike one time.... Wife got her oldest kid when he was about 13 cuz she didn't know what else to get him for Christmas....never rode it. A few yrs later id ride it alongside the girl when she drove her bike down the street to the park. Just riding over a 6-in sidewalk curb at 10 miles an hour actually bent the wheel...

Just to get set up with good puncture resistant tires and tubes is $130....... Not including the spares you need....... So maybe we should say that's $195......

Buying a bike style with just a coaster brake?........ May need to count on replacing that wheel with a different one and adding a brakes as well in future.......

Last edited:
400$ hmmm he could get a used cruiser and the full 4-stroke setup on grubee :p instead of a ebay or amazon kit.

I think lots of beginners go for that cheap beginner kit. Cheap bike + cheap kit. Then they eventually break it don't want to fix it and sell it or sell it and move on to better bikes. Bikes they build much better and much more $$$$.

I guess my point is that low price is an entry level item probably to be very short lived. and there's a whole host of improvements that need to be made that aren't cheap.

Dozens of them for sale on Facebook marketplace

Lots of good used bikes out there for sale, people buy them with all good intensions but don't follow through and now just want them out of the garage. "I'll tell you what. I'll give you 50 for them both" score.

Lots of good used bikes out there for sale, people buy them with all good intensions but don't follow through and now just want them out of the garage. "I'll tell you what. I'll give you 50 for them both" score.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201105-201909.png
    Screenshot_20201105-201909.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
I'm just talking about the bike on it's own.

Yeah I agree there's some of that but it's kind of not that common..... From the time I spent looking.

Much more often somebody's got a 10 yr old $200 box store bike and they still want $150 bucks for it.....

Even worse they got a $400 bike, they say they paid $500 for including tax several years ago....and they still want $400 for it and you can buy it new for that price today. But they're firm.....

Yeah I agree there's some of that but it's kind of not that common..... From the time I spent looking.

Much more often somebody's got a 10 yr old $200 box store bike and they still want $150 bucks for it.....

Even worse they got a $400 bike, they say they paid $500 for including tax several years ago....and they still want $400 for it and you can buy it new for that price today. But they're firm.....
Some people are totally retarded, I don't even look at those kind of deals. Don't need to sell, just seeing what's out there, is another good one. In other words he's looking for a sucker.

Back