Meeting up with fellow Whizzer owners

Yeah use a 1947 Whizzer frame :LOL:
While Whizzer started making Engine kits in 1939. The first complete factory production Whizzer bike wasn't until 48.

While your dreaming just go out and buy a Worksman Flyer/Sportsman Flyer BTR for your KTM build
I want a low serial number 47... Something the Smithsonian pushed into a corner and forgot about... The holy grail of whizzers...

I want a low serial number 47... Something the Smithsonian pushed into a corner and forgot about... The holy grail of whizzers...
I know where to look
True Holy Grail of Whizzers is the early 48 Whizzer, The Frame was made by Cleveland Welding Co.
Only 500 were made. Very Rare

I sure hope you find one and make it into that 2 stroke you always wanted.
It sure would be unique and quite the conversation piece :ROFLMAO:

If I 2stroked a whizzer
And Wrench is already doing the 4 stroker...But this is what they really do at a "Whizzer" convention...lol.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 98
I know where to look
True Holy Grail of Whizzers is the early 48 Whizzer, The Frame was made by Cleveland Welding Co.
Only 500 were made. Very Rare
I thought they made 1000 ... 224WH frame late 47 Cleveland welding co. Prototype or sales representative display...

The total amount really isn't clear, Because when Schwinn took over manufacturing Whizzer Frames in mid 48
they aquired all of the remaining Clevland Welding Co stock of unfinished Whizzer bikes

Schwinn Filed a law suit over copyrights infringement saying the Cleveland frame copied theirs

Instead of having a long and expensive court battle Whizzer let Schwinn make their Whizzer frames
At this time serial# got mixed up and the total # of Cleveland Bikes isn't clear

Yes some 48 Whizzers with Cleveland Welding Co. frames have been found with serial # higher than 500 but this don't mean Cleveland Welding Co made more than 500, but many disagree
This will be a disagreement forever because the truth of total # of Cleveland Whizzers made will never be exactly known.

IMO any serial # of Cleveland Welding Co frame made in 1948 is a Holy Grail

I guess I should of said, early 48 Cleveland Welding Whizzers made is between 500-1000 ?

I thought they made 1000 ... 224WH frame late 47 Cleveland welding co. Prototype or sales representative display...

48 Factory Production Whizzers with a frame made in late 47 was sold in 48 so it's a 48 Whizzer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-105926.png
    Screenshot_20220302-105926.png
    851.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20220302-110019.png
    Screenshot_20220302-110019.png
    851.3 KB · Views: 105
I'll never be able to afford one so lookin for me is the next best thing...lol...You probably already guessed that I really like the black one...lol.

The black one is 24"
Thats OK im only 5' 6" tall and at my age, shrinking fast...lol...I've been growing width wise ever since...lol...The Post Office just issued me my own Zip code and my new belt is in training to circumnavigate the equator of the globe that it must now traverse...lol.

Back