Pocket Bike Motors

Now - now guys let's share our thoughts here! I have a pretty serious pocket motor a GP460 with a 15 to one head - burns 110 av fuel. It is breaking everything behind it. The clutch springs engage at 5000 rpm. & yes they are the lighter ones. Stock ones don't engage till 6000. I want to know if I can put a 2 shoe in it. I have a 2 shoe in a 49 on my shelf. I also was wondering what the best way to connect this monster to my rear wheel. I've SMOKED a CVT already & now wonder if it just needs direct chain hookup. Hey Hag help me out here. I am about to shelf this one too.

View attachment 3750

Use a jackaxle as seen here http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7996 .
With a stock 49 cc cag, I can take off from a red light at the same time as traffic, pedal about 4 or 5 cranks with the pedals to help her climb into the torque rpm range, and help out the clutch also, and very seldom does the regular traffic keep up to me off the line . A quarter to 1/2 block distance is usually when a few will start going by . I'm at approximately 35 mph and getting into the higher rpm range at this time
check out the clutch spring post, same thread also. You'll find it amusing if nothing else.
I used this setup lots and have blow away EVERY motered bike I've went up against but thats only about 6 or 8 of them.
This drivetrain setup, while a little unconventional WILL stand up and smile at the abuse
Anyways, that thread might help. You make some real impressive jack axles, maybe you can incorporate the pocketbike "68t" rear sprocket into one of those, then make your secondary about 2.2 to 1 . It's detailed at the above link
Cheers
Haggard~
Let me know how you make out

Last edited by a moderator:
Back