Tubes n tires

2speedboi

Local time
12:41 AM
I use a friction drive, need smooth tires. I use bell tires, and recently just picked these up..
Any one tried em?
20220417_223323.jpg

These tires I've had good luck with. Notice when aired up to max psi the outside of the tire is mostly flat for good roller traction. Plus with the grooves being at a minimum more roller contact, also you can keep up with tire wear looking at the grooves.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Goodyear is a superior inner tube. Bell inner tubes are money wasted.

Tom
I've never had a flat or even a slow leak on my ultra thick Bell tubes with self sealing slime in them in 7 years now between two different bikes here in the high deserts of Alamogordo NM with goathead and mesquite thorns that are just everywhere...I also use the Bell Kevlar reinforced tires...Just saying...lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Su...r-Tube-Schrader-26-x1-75-2-125-30081/49455299

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Sports-Glide-Comfort-Road-Tire-with-Kevlar-26-x-1-75/15188807

The biggest cause i have seen for tire failure???...Over inflation on a motorised bike...We are riding these bikes at 4 Xs the speed of a pedal powered bike...If you inflate these tires to their recommended 40 to 60 PSI while running these speeds, the air expansion will cause them to blow...I set mine, on mag rims, to just 38 pounds which gives just enough flex and room for expansion...DAMIEN

EDIT:
Ps...One set of these tires and tubes I have kept as spares, the frame had broken on the bike and I saved the tires and tubes that have 6000 miles on them over a five year period of use...The tires still have 75% of their tread left on them.

I've never had a flat or even a slow leak on my ultra thick Bell tubes with self sealing slime in them in 7 years now between two different bikes here in the high deserts of Alamogordo NM with goathead and mesquite thorns that are just everywhere...I also use the Bell Kevlar reinforced tires...Just saying...lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Su...r-Tube-Schrader-26-x1-75-2-125-30081/49455299

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Sports-Glide-Comfort-Road-Tire-with-Kevlar-26-x-1-75/15188807

The biggest cause i have seen for tire failure???...Over inflation on a motorised bike...We are riding these bikes at 4 Xs the speed of a pedal powered bike...If you inflate these tires to their recommended 40 to 60 PSI while running these speeds, the air expansion will cause them to blow...I set mine, on mag rims, to just 38 pounds which gives just enough flex and room for expansion...DAMIEN

EDIT:
I too use the Bell extra thick tubes. Many of us here don't have a need for speed; just a need to get there and back. The majority of my errands are less than 20 miles in a single day.

My bell tires I use have been great, I've gotten another set for my current build.

The molding could be better, but no humps and I love the white wall. They are also thick!

It's really amazing how many different tires are around now.

That's how much I paid, I'm gunna check out when I get back home in a couple weeks and just see how much thicker they are.

I wasnt expecting anything good with the levers, so I'll give them to friends for there tool bags.

Here's a quote from Damien awhile back. Today he's braggin bout Bell brand tires and tubes.
"Stop using cheap, run of the mill, standard type tyres then...They will not perform well except on regular bicycles that the usual speed is about 11 MPH...Yes i spend approx 50 dollars per wheel using Kevlar reinforced tires and ultra thick slime filled tubes...BUT ITS WORTH IT...never a flat in seven years and extremely long tire life since i started using them rather than the soft, cheap, crap rubber type, Chinese tires that come with them or the cheapy replacements that you can buy...Enough said...lol.

Don't bet your life on cheap, crap, tires...good ones just might save your life"
Make up yo mind D, Bwahahahaha. Just sayin!

And really, 5 a piece is a steal for thicker tubes. My local store charges 8-10 and only offers standard stuff. Which has worked fine.

Back