Weed eater bike emissions

Ya know...I've done some ciphering myself. And, if you remove the engine, and soak it in 57% Sauerkraut Juice, and a mixture of 24% Mung Bean Oil, and 19% Melted Crisco (from the can), when you put it back together, and load it with the proper amount of oil recommended by the manufacturer and a good, fresh grade of gasoline, it should run just fine.

Where do you get 57% Sauerkraut Juice? I've been looking all over! :)

I think micro-engines on bicycles are the wave of the future. The eco-maniacs who cry about little weedeater engines and "co2" make me sad. They need a mb and an ice cream cone, to cheer up and get some more out of life.

Edmunds compares emissions from a Ford V8 Raptor, Fiat 500, a 2-stroke leafblower, and a 4-stroke leafblower:

http://bcove.me/fb1e0u8w

Note: to the people who are saying that emissions of CO2 are fine because it's natural. Global warming is occurring because humans are adding to natural emissions of CO2 faster than they can be absorbed, causing a small but definite rise in CO2 levels. Since CO2 is a greenhouse gas, the planet is warming. Here is an article that explains it:
http://www.newscientist.com/article...man-co2-emissions-are-too-tiny-to-matter.html

That being said, there may indeed be political implications to it, we are human beings after all, but let's start with the facts, OK?

Last edited by a moderator:
The CO2 emissions of a leaf blower engine are miniscule, as they are directly related to the amount of fuel burned by car, truck, airplane, or motored bike. If you have ten times the gas mileage of a car, you will emit 1/10th the CO2 as does the car.

Nitrous Oxides, Unburnt Hydrocarbons and Carbon Monoxide are another story, though. A 4 stroke leafblower engine that meets EPA/CARB emissions standards, and which is pushing a MB at 30 MPH emits about what the EPA allows, (in grams per mile,) as an auto. However, a 2-stroke engine that meets EPS/CARB emissions, which also drives a MB at 30 MPH, emits about 6 times what the EPA allows for cars. This is because the standards for two-stroke off-road engines allow apx. 6 times the emissions as for a four stroke.

Last edited:
Global Warming is a scam to tax productive Western countries, and launder the money. America should tell all foreign agencies trying to tax or regulate us to take a long walk off a short dock.

Nitrous Oxides, Unburnt Hydrocarbons and Carbon Monoxide are another story, though. A 4 stroke leafblower engine that meets EPA/CARB emissions standards, and which is pushing a MB at 30 MPH emits about what the EPA allows, (in grams per mile,) as an auto. However, a 2-stroke engine that meets EPS/CARB emissions, which also drives a MB at 30 MPH, emits about 6 times what the EPA allows for cars. This is because the standards for two-stroke off-road engines allow apx. 6 times the emissions as for a four stroke.

Those are pretty daming facts Lou. Even the engines produced by manufacturers who have seen to it that their offerings meet EPA and CARB II compliance are only designated so for off-road use, as the data tags on a new engine clearly illustrates. Though I've told touted the fact they meet compliance, they wouldn't stand up to much informed scrutiny for on-road vehicular usage nor with knowledgeable folks who know the difference.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the emissions - If the engine meets emissions for off-road use, the amount of travel we do on them is a drop in the bucket compared to cars. Also, they don't account for the time cars sit on the street in traffic jams that a bike can easily bypass.

But, just because we want to believe that because we only sip gas, that we MUST be polluting a lot less than a car just doesn't make it so, and it isn't a good argument. From an overall SYSTEMS viewpoint, (Pollution generated to Mine/Refine/Build/Ship a bike w engine versus a car) a 4 stroke bike engine DOES pollute substantially less than for cars. (But not a 2 strokes...:() The pollution overhead adds the equivalent of about a 50% increase on autos, so their effective emissions are about 6 gram per mile...

If you want to talk JUST greenhouse gas emissions, it's another story though. THAT's where you can get 'green points' for riding a motorized bike.

Last edited:
Back