What is the penalty for riding without M1 license in California?

Ha! yeah, maybe that is the only way, buy a f***ing motorcycle and register it and insure it, all just to take the test and then sell it. But then I think to myself, the cost/benefit analysis, is it really worth it? I've been riding for 9 years with no license and for the first 5 years I didn't even have the license plate and not once have I been stopped by a cop, and I have driven right by in front of them and they always look at me.
Yea same here. I want to get mine but holy hell, i have to go through hoops and whoops of paperwork. It's like they don't want my money 😆

Yea same here. I want to get mine but holy hell, i have to go through hoops and whoops of paperwork. It's like they don't want my money 😆
I hear that, the funny thing is, my state is supposed to be an easier state. I have no idea what the laws are like in Minnesota

It's honestly really easy in Minnesota @mark20. You don't need the insurance or registration in your name, just on the bike.
Yea but i need to get my drivers lisence. And my yamaha virago the guy probably skipped town lol (i dont have the title) but i do have my ohm already. So we're half way there

You take a written test, pass to receive your permit which allows you to drive with a helmet, with no passengers, during daylight hours, no interstate driving. You then have a year to take a road test. You show up to parking lot. You show them the insurance for the motorcycle, then run through the cones, get a stamp on your permit papers, then go to the dmv and get the motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license.

You take a written test, pass to receive your permit which allows you to drive with a helmet, with no passengers, during daylight hours, no interstate driving. You then have a year to take a road test. You show up to parking lot. You show them the insurance for the motorcycle, then run through the cones, get a stamp on your permit papers, then go to the dmv and get the motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license.
This for people over 18? As i dont have my drivers license quite yet (behind the wheel are cancelled for 2 months, really sucks as i need 1 more to take the road test)

Well, there is another option for me, there is a school that teaches people how to ride motorcycles and helps them get a license, it's like $300 but I could probably get one that way, but my attitude about paying $300 causes me to want to hurl, yea, I've got an attitude problem, :)

Well, there is another option for me, there is a school that teaches people how to ride motorcycles and helps them get a license, it's like $300 but I could probably get one that way, but my attitude about paying $300 causes me to want to hurl, yea, I've got an attitude problem, :)
You gotta pay to play.
But id do more research before spending cash. In my opinion your best bet is the used bike route. Just get something small and cheap. And hey if it runs great you might as well keep it for a few years then sell it for more money ;)

It seems terribly strange also that they would allow no license for scooters but require one for mopeds, scooters are often times more powerful than mopeds aren't they? The good ones? Why do they do this?

It seems terribly strange also that they would allow no license for scooters but require one for mopeds, scooters are often times more powerful than mopeds aren't they? The good ones? Why do they do this?
Depends on whats classified as a scooter, becuase susuki makes a 650 scooter that faster than most crotch rockets.
But often times there very similer, maybe the same

Back