Zeda Motor Sports ????

UPDATE: I received the motor and gas tank separately. It took about a month to arrive and the best way to contact zeda is to message robert on facebook. he responded within a day and he said they will be getting a phone line soon too so that will be really nice.

the motor came in what looked like a 3x used flat rate usps box that was all torn up. one of the sides was totally open. there was nothing missing and the kit went together really well. i havent done much riding with it yet due to some bicycle problems. New rear wheel comes tomorrow and I will hopefully get it running again!

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

They have a 52mm big bore kit now

I don't think they are going to get anymore than that out of the zeda80 cylinder

Already looks like the bore is about to penetrate into the head studs

Now all we need is for someone to build an aluminum or phenolic spacer so more stroke can be had

They do already have a +3mm crank stroker kit available

They have a 52mm big bore kit now

I don't think they are going to get anymore than that out of the zeda80 cylinder

Already looks like the bore is about to penetrate into the head studs

Now all we need is for someone to build an aluminum or phenolic spacer so more stroke can be had

They do already have a +3mm crank stroker kit available
They do NOT have a 52mm big bore kit they have a 50mm sleeved cylinder that is just pressed in not a proper interfearence fit and no alignment pin.The +3mm crank is not really a stroker if used with a standerd piston, Think about it the crank is fitted with the short rod that is a 38mm stroke that coupled with a high pinned piston brings the crown up 1mm closer to the deck and the final stroke ends up at 39.5mm.A spacer is not needed unless the long rod was used but remember these engines were designed for a 38-40mm stroke as far as port timming goes,raising the jug and altering the stroke makes it lose bottom end big time.

The zeda80 motor I have uses a second jug gasket as it uses the longer rod.

So, with them having a 50mm kit the new 52mm kit isn't what it says it is?

I know he builds a 92cc motor and it would take both the 52mm bore and +3mm crank to do that but then again he uses a Stihl chainsaw cylinder and not the zeda80 cylinder.

They do NOT have a 52mm big bore kit they have a 50mm sleeved cylinder that is just pressed in not a proper interfearence fit and no alignment pin.The +3mm crank is not really a stroker if used with a standerd piston, Think about it the crank is fitted with the short rod that is a 38mm stroke that coupled with a high pinned piston brings the crown up 1mm closer to the deck and the final stroke ends up at 39.5mm.A spacer is not needed unless the long rod was used but remember these engines were designed for a 38-40mm stroke as far as port timming goes,raising the jug and altering the stroke makes it lose bottom end big time.
I'm replying here, but this is a general statement. If your rod is a inch long or a mile long, if the top of your piston is a inch abv. the pin or a mile above the pin, the center of the crank to the center of the big end is the only thing dictating the stroke. Rods and pistons have no bearing on stroke other than to create clearances.

I know he builds a 92cc motor and it would take both the 52mm bore and +3mm crank to do that but then again he uses a Stihl chainsaw cylinder and not the zeda80 cylinder.
No the top end on the 92cc is a 54mm slug also sthil and the bottom end is the normal crank and rod.

I'm replying here, but this is a general statement. If your rod is a inch long or a mile long, if the top of your piston is a inch abv. the pin or a mile above the pin, the center of the crank to the center of the big end is the only thing dictating the stroke. Rods and pistons have no bearing on stroke other than to create clearances.
That's very true brother!I have a hard time putting to words what I mean to say at times.The crank Robert now offers has the pin relocated 1.5mm higher from center and uses a short rod and he says to use the low pinned piston with it witch doesn't work unless the jug is raised.If it used a high pinned piston it would fit better because like you said the combinations of rod length and piston pin location give the clearences needed.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Last edited:

What 52mm kit? I looked again and dont see anything other than the sleeved 50mm c/g jug.

Check out there YouTube channel...they put up a video within the last day or two and one on the +3mm stroke crank you posted above.

Back