78 honda pa50

Yeah when I was a drinking man I drank alot of fireball whiskey, best chilled in freezer 2hrs prior to indulging!!!🌋🤯

Naaah...its more like this...DAMIEN

gettyimages-SO001211-612x612.jpg

Well if nothing else I always get a good laugh in when I get on the forum. Somebody always keeps it interesting on here.

Does anybody know what might cause a weak spark on that honda hobbit, it's a points & condenser set up. I sanded the point contacts cause they were rusty. I hooked up the wiring & got a weak spark, it will shock you, but it wont fire a plug. Now if I bypass the wiring, including the voltage regulator/rectifier i got a hotter spark, but still wont fire a plug. I hooked up the black wire coming out of stator directly to the coil wire, then I took the green ground wire coming out of the stator & grounded it directly to engine case. It will bite the living 💩 out of you that way, but wont fire my plug. Any suggestions, I'm thinking weak points/ or point gap not set correctly.
20211031_145818.jpg

Does anybody know what might cause a weak spark on that honda hobbit, it's a points & condenser set up. I sanded the point contacts cause they were rusty. I hooked up the wiring & got a weak spark, it will shock you, but it wont fire a plug. Now if I bypass the wiring, including the voltage regulator/rectifier i got a hotter spark, but still wont fire a plug. I hooked up the black wire coming out of stator directly to the coil wire, then I took the green ground wire coming out of the stator & grounded it directly to engine case. It will bite the living 💩 out of you that way, but wont fire my plug. Any suggestions, I'm thinking weak points/ or point gap not set correctly. View attachment 160283
Set the gap at a hotel match book( Idk the number, guy was a jet mechanic that told me). try that. I guess it needs a little dwell time to build up.

Back