a reliable build / simple

That is not my bike, i am however building a Columbia Klunker now and am using a similar set up, i am using the frame mounted tensioner to gain clearance past the chain stay, and the motor mounted tensioner to compensate for sprockets that don't run perfectly on center

I think i may find that i don't need both

I think i may find that i don't need both
that makes sense, i run no chain tensioner, i want to remove as many parts because i like a simple bike (imho)
i would recommend you run just the engine mounted tensioner. but, your money your choice.

i have yet to run the engine mounted tensioner i would love to but never got around to buying one

i have yet to run the engine mounted tensioner i would love to but never got around to buying one
yeah, i want one as well, but im a cheapskate lol.
if i need one i will probably make one (2 pieces of metal + one spring, cant be that hard to make, right?)

wheels on the granite peak are usual box store quality with light spokes, usable but don't last long esp. with engines and high speed bumps but you can get some months out of em,,
grease everything up that turns helps.
the slant head gives more room than a straight up spark plug.
if I was doing a first bike again, granite peak is ok and lots of ppl motorized it and have fun. they get it bcs it's cheap and you can always upgrade bikes/parts later or down the road

here is a picture of the electra, they said they are not sure on the frame size.

It's my understanding a 26" frame is best.

Would this electra be good for long distance rides?

Attachments

• 01414_cpBDPFXdzLq_600x450.jpg
    01414_cpBDPFXdzLq_600x450.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 100
here is a picture of the electra, they said they are not sure on the frame size.

It's my understanding a 26" frame is best.

Would this electra be good for long distance rides?
Depends on what's long distance (5 miles or like 50 miles) it looks mostly stock, upgraded muffler (I call them noise makers, they dont really do anything in terms of performance) I would add a gel seat cushion to make it so its comfortable.
Ask the owner what mix ratio (aka oil and gas ratio) he was running (if he doesn't know, RUN as fast as you can from that bike. It will blow up faster then you can get on it)

Depends on what's long distance (5 miles or like 50 miles) it looks mostly stock, upgraded muffler (I call them noise makers, they dont really do anything in terms of performance) I would add a gel seat cushion to make it so its comfortable.
Ask the owner what mix he was running (if he doesn't know, RUN as fast as you can from that bike. It will blow up faster then you can get on it)
Also, you will need to replace the brakes most likely, you need to add back brakes and I would replace the fronts as well (I run a 2in1 brake lever, best 12$ I've spent in a long time)

Back