clutch won't ingage fully

mikey mike

Local time
1:40 PM
I've got an 80cc motor on my Bike and I'm having problems with my clutch. when I take off to start the motor I build up speed then release my clutch. well all that happens is the back wheel keeps turning and the clutch won't grab hard enough to fully image. sometes it works and some times it does not.

I've got an 80cc motor on my Bike and I'm having problems with my clutch. when I take off to start the motor I build up speed then release my clutch. well all that happens is the back wheel keeps turning and the clutch won't grab hard enough to fully image. sometes it works and some times it does not.
Tighten the flower nut until there is a very small gap when the lever is pulled in (clutch disengaged) that should give good solid engagement.

I tried all that I even put a brand new clutch in it and it still only grabs when it wants to. Most of the time it just slips.

yep I made new ones took out put bk in I've done it all twice now and the dam thing still won't engage
Time to try the main spring preload nut, then.

It's a pita to get to, sorry..
Remove the clutch cable from the clutch arm and the cable stop. Loosen the cable stop locknut (hopefully you don't need to unmount the whole engine to do this!).
Unscrew the cable stop.
Shine a light down the hole and you will see the preload nut. It has been designed with slots around its edge so you can push it around with a flat head screwdriver. Tighten it by pushing the nut around (forward, down at the front) to increase clutch pressure. :)

Are we talking about a new engine here or have you had this machine for a while and if a while how long?

the engine is 6 months old the clutch was brand new I had two motors one was just for parts

Time to try the main spring preload nut, then.

It's a pita to get to, sorry..
Remove the clutch cable from the clutch arm and the cable stop. Loosen the cable stop locknut (hopefully you don't need to unmount the whole engine to do this!).
Unscrew the cable stop.
Shine a light down the hole and you will see the preload nut. It has been designed with slots around its edge so you can push it around with a flat head screwdriver. Tighten it by pushing the nut around (forward, down at the front) to increase clutch pressure. :)
that s what someone else told me today. dam sure makes sense. first thing in the morning easy to do I changed mine in about 50 min. thanks

Back