Getting my first Zeda kit soon seeking advice

So I finally got the HD wheel from Bicycle -Engines today. Looks like a good wheel very good spokes & love the fact the sprocket is bolted directly to the hub. Although the quality of the bolts & nuts could be better so I'll proabably swap them out for better stainless steel versions. A good thing I noticed is the fact the wheeel came already centered to my dropouts so I wont have to adjust it myself or pay to have a bike shop do it. This makes using V rim grabber brakes more possible since I cant use disk brakes in the rear.

It would seem that my rear droppouts are a little too narrow for the hub so I guess I'll have to widen my dropouts for a better hub fit. Anyone know what the best tool is to widen dropouts?

This is a touchy endever pending on the frame and how much it needs widening. A piece of all thread with a nuts and washers can be used between the stays to widen them but things can go south in a hurry if the frame is not particularly strong or the distance to great.

Agreed. If you can shove the wheel in, that's good enough. I wouldn't want to exceed the flex that is in the metal and actually cold bend it, personally.

Agreed. If you can shove the wheel in, that's good enough. I wouldn't want to exceed the flex that is in the metal and actually cold bend it, personally.

Actually that's what I ended up doing. I just shoved the hub in between with two spacers to protect the hub & it fit! So glad I didn't have to bend my dropouts but it was a pretty tight fit. The HD hub is almost a few milimeters wider than the stock hub that came with the bike.

Now it's just a matter of finding a good tire & tube that would fit it. The rim seems pretty narrow compared to most other bikes but I'm hoping it still can fit a 2.25 tire. Have my eye on a Kenda street tire of that size.

Gotta get at my bottom bracket to adjust my pedal chain ring a quarter inch or so to the right to align my pedal chain with my rear wheel pedal sprocket & need a tool to pop off my crank arms to install the chainring spacers. Anyone know what size the thread is in the crank arms? I'm using the standard 3 piece wide kit crank arms but on a Phantombikes crank axle adapter that lets me use my stock pedal chainring & bottom bracket bearings that came with my bike.

Gotta get at my bottom bracket to adjust my pedal chain ring a quarter inch or so to the right to align my pedal chain with my rear wheel pedal sprocket & need a tool to pop off my crank arms to install the chainring spacers. Anyone know what size the thread is in the crank arms? I'm using the standard 3 piece wide kit crank arms but on a Phantombikes crank axle adapter that lets me use my stock pedal chainring & bottom bracket bearings that came with my bike.
Umm. I don't know those specific parts. Show us? Measure it's ID so I can compare to some of mine? Is it a square taper BB axle?
How come you're using "wide kit crank arms" on a two stroke build? Just wondering.

Umm. I don't know those specific parts. Show us? Measure it's ID so I can compare to some of mine? Is it a square taper BB axle?
How come you're using "wide kit crank arms" on a two stroke build? Just wondering.

I have it wide still becasus 1 I converted the bike from a 4 stroke to a 2 stroke for faster speeds & a simpler to work on motor & 2 I needed it wider anyway so an exaust I got can clear the pedals better.

Here's a pic of the crank I'm using:

Attachments

• IMG_3014.PNG
    IMG_3014.PNG
    790.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Park tools. If it has a spline CCP 44 If it is square CCP 22 or a CWP 7 is supposed to do both.

I have it wide still becasus 1 I converted the bike from a 4 stroke to a 2 stroke for faster speeds & a sinpler to work on motor & 2 I needed it wider anyway so an exaust I got can clear the pedals better.

Here's a pic of the crank I'm using:
Ah I see.
But I don't see your axle or the thread in the crank arm because you left the end cap on. If it's square taper then I am pretty sure there's only one type of crank puller for them. I just wanted to see if it's old school bmx like Profile race or newer OS bmx or something... But I think it's square?

Ah I see.
But I don't see your axle or the thread in the crank arm because you left the end cap on. If it's square taper then I am pretty sure there's only one type of crank puller for them. I just wanted to see if it's old school bmx like Profile race or newer OS bmx or something... But I think it's square?

Yes the ends of the axle the crank arms attaches to are square.

Back