Getting my first Zeda kit soon seeking advice

Getting a new wheel/wheels soon. Just trying to decide between a mag wheel set sold by Niagara Cycle Works or the HD bike wheel sold by Bicycle-Engines I just mainly want a wheel that gets my direct drive off my spokes without resorting to a jack shaft to keep things simple.

Getting a new wheel/wheels soon. Just trying to decide between a mag wheel set sold by Niagara Cycle Works or the HD bike wheel sold by Bicycle-Engines I just mainly want a wheel that gets my direct drive off my spokes without resorting to a jack shaft to keep things simple.

That's the best route. Why I spent extra money to get mine setup that way. Just don't like the thought of the spokes taking not just the weight of the bike and the rider but the abuse of the road as well as throwing in the abuse of torque being applied to the spokes via the engine.

What's a good racing carburetor for these engines? Been thinking of getting a good high performance carburetor for my bike. Looked at a few but what is the one that makes the most difference & is the most dependable? I'm looking to spend $30 to $40 on a high performance carburetor.

Some will say the "speed" carburetor works OK on a stock engine.. It's the same carb as stock but 16mm instead of 14mm.

The Delortto clone is another popular carb...Better than stock but not the greatest.

Mikuni vm18 is what I would suggest but its not cheap at $75-$80 for one.

It's doubtful the stock carb is tuned properly stock so play with that a bit before deciding on a new carb...jets are cheap and it appears very easy to work with

Check out this video

Stock zeda 80 motor.. No porting.. No decked head..no ported piston....MZ65 pipe, Dio reed kit and he's using a huge 34mm OKO carb.

They now use the OKO 21mm carb which is in your price range with a nice filter that goes with it.

In all honesty just that mz65 pipe and a good carb alone would make a huge difference in power .. You need a good pipe to wake up these motors...the low cost pipes are mostly all garbage and hype...a good carb might help tune but power gain will be minimal... You just want crisp throttle response and no 4 stroking out of a carb.

I was going to suggest in your price range the Zeda OKO 21mm but that's intended for use with the Dio reed kit... Probably too big for the stock motor with a small intake manifold and pipe.

NT "Speed" carb ,dellorto clone or a real carb the mikuni vm18..your choice.

Last edited:
Some will say the "speed" carburetor works OK on a stock engine.. It's the same carb as stock but 16mm instead of 14mm.

The Delortto clone is another popular carb...Better than stock but not the greatest.

Mikuni vm18 is what I would suggest but its not cheap at $75-$80 for one.

It's doubtful the stock carb is tuned properly stock so play with that a bit before deciding on a new carb...jets are cheap and it appears very easy to work with

Check out this video

Stock zeda 80 motor.. No porting.. No decked head..no ported piston....MZ65 pipe, Dio reed kit and he's using a huge 34mm OKO carb.

They now use the OKO 21mm carb which is in your price range with a nice filter that goes with it.

In all honesty just that mz65 pipe and a good carb alone would make a huge difference in power .. You need a good pipe to wake up these motors...the low cost pipes are mostly all garbage and hype...a good carb might help tune but power gain will be minimal... You just want crisp throttle response and no 4 stroking out of a carb.

I was going to suggest in your price range the Zeda OKO 21mm but that's intended for use with the Dio reed kit... Probably too big for the stock motor with a small intake manifold and pipe.

NT "Speed" carb ,dellorto clone or a real carb the mikuni vm18..your choice.

Been eyeing a Dellorto clone with a racing air filter. Might get it with my new rear wheel next week. I think the reason my engine was stalling at idle was because my clutch arm & cable wasn't adjusted right & my NT carb wasn't properly leveled. I'll need to level my engine better with clamps or something. I mostly want the performance carb to get better top speed since nobody in my neighborhood drives the speed limit & feel safer keeping up with traffic as opposed to driving on the side of the road.

Been eyeing a Dellorto clone with a racing air filter. Might get it with my new rear wheel next week. I think the reason my engine was stalling at idle was because my clutch arm & cable wasn't adjusted right & my NT carb wasn't properly leveled. I'll need to level my engine better with clamps or something. I mostly want the performance carb to get better top speed since nobody in my neighborhood drives the speed limit & feel safer keeping up with traffic as opposed to driving on the side of the road.

Only reason I am looking at a better carb is to give me the ability to fine tune all areas from idle to high rpm without having to actually cut and drill on the carb. Thing is I know the Mikuni 18mm carb has adjustments like that. I am looking at the cheaper OKO right now myself they are larger at 21mm but not sure if they have all the same adjustments.

Among the Yamaha Blaster crowd, the OKO has a terrible reputation as do the other Chinese clones.
I have a lot of experience with the Blaster's Mikuni VM26 carb but have always worked with originals.

Hmmm, I have not had to cut or drill the NT carb to get good performance out of it.
You have a mainjet and a needle, float level and you can play with slide cutout same as the VM18 if you like.
Very unlikely you will want to change pilot jet on either engine.
The NT is a wonderfully simple and reliable carburetor.

Among the Yamaha Blaster crowd, the OKO has a terrible reputation as do the other Chinese clones.
I have a lot of experience with the Blaster's Mikuni VM26 carb but have always worked with originals.

Hmmm, I have not had to cut or drill the NT carb to get good performance out of it.
You have a mainjet and a needle, float level and you can play with slide cutout same as the VM18 if you like.
Very unlikely you will want to change pilot jet on either engine.
The NT is a wonderfully simple and reliable carburetor.

That's why I've been using the NTs. Cheap, simple & dependable. Picked up an extra NT for spare parts or as a replacement in the event of a worst case scenario for only 15 bucks. Just wish there were more performance air filter options for them.

That's why I've been using the NTs. Cheap, simple & dependable. Picked up an extra NT for spare parts or as a replacement in the event of a worst case scenario for only 15 bucks. Just wish there were more performance air filter options for them.
Sickbikeparts have some good filters for the NT carbs. Iv'e been using them for years. They are affordable, durable, and easy to clean. View media item 60801

I went with a huge (but quite cheap (£5.40)) foam filter myself. :)
Supposedly it's for 125-140cc bikes, probably means 4-strokes but idk. It's 42mm inside diameter mount, so I mounted it on a very cheap plastic adapter that is perfect for the NT carb.
Had to trim bits off the coarse outer cover to get it to fit the build. I'm happy with it. Not that I would know how it compares to others. :)

Back