New to Motorized Bicycles

Well I really do not need the data plate as the vin number is underneath of the pedal region, I plan to use that vin number, I just want to ensure they don't try flipping the bike upside down possible when getting pulled over..

Cops can be rather silly, since my first scooter had something to say about "Motorcycle Company", They told me that it's a Motorcycle... I told them if Harley Davidson made the bike but left there info on the plate. Of course it would say that, well something similar as they manufacturer motorcycles. Something about the word motorcycle being on the bike really bothered them..

Also the fast that the speedo went past 30 - 35, I told them it was a universal speedo that could be used for this bike and in higher displacement, that it's a more universal part to find.. They still did not want to believe it. Anything they see they believe plus extra..

I plan to hopefully find a data plate that mentions the displacement, also need to find something that will last that I can put on the motor that reads "49cc".

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
1531769442577.png

I'm considering with going with this method for the sprocket adapter as I honestly do not like the stock spoke setup, I just need to do some measurements.

As well I think I am feeling the need for something around a 30 tooth setup and happened to find the 28 tooth sprocket.

I strongly advise against that hose clamp sprocket adapter. It is a bad design that can be less safe than the default sprocket adapter if you go by the instructions. Go with the sprocket adapter that uses two hex screws to clamp down.

That I will do! Couldn't the stock adapter mess up the spokes? I would install that temporally to be able to putt around, But I almost feel the need to toss it in the trash. Pretty sure the trash can want's it, as well the sellers sprocket is a 44 tooth..

That I will do! Couldn't the stock adapter mess up the spokes? I would install that temporally to be able to putt around, But I almost feel the need to toss it in the trash. Pretty sure the trash can want's it, as well the sellers sprocket is a 44 tooth..
The default one can damage your spokes, but so can that adapter in your cart. With the default sprocket adapter, multiple screws have to loosen before it results in catastrophic failure, but with the hose clamp design, all it takes is that one screw to loosen a bit (assuming you can even tighten it enough) and it can spin, potentially destroying your spokes - at least if you follow their instructions. The only practical way of using that adapter is to combine it with the default spoke bushing setup as a means of keeping things centered in relation to the hub. With the adapter that has two screws, you can really torque it down on to your hub. The internal threads are steel helicoils, so they can withstand quite a bit of torque.

Last edited:
I will look into the one you were telling me about. so far the lowest is 30 USD, Not bad. I plan to replace the chain tensioner as well as I have seen on the Internet where it's had failure and destroyed the spokes on the rim... I don't want that.

So, 28 tooth sprocket, quality chain tensioner, and one of those adapters.

If anyone has sugestions on where to go I would appericiate it, if prices are to bad I will just order the same parts people are selling in china that these guys are re selling for profit and await for about a month for them to get here

I will look into the one you were telling me about. so far the lowest is 30 USD, Not bad. I plan to replace the chain tensioner as well as I have seen on the Internet where it's had failure and destroyed the spokes on the rim... I don't want that.

So, 28 tooth sprocket, quality chain tensioner, and one of those adapters.

If anyone has sugestions on where to go I would appericiate it, if prices are to bad I will just order the same parts people are selling in china that these guys are re selling for profit and await for about a month for them to get here
I got my hub adapter+sprocket from mzmiami on ebay, and it was only $45 shipped for both. Was the best price I found and the quality is unsurprisingly better than anything the kit came with.

Not sure if they have such a low rear sprocket though. I got a 39, 41, and the stock 44 to test what I like. 28t seems like it would struggle on any sort of hill.

What would you suggest for speed? And being able to manage hills?

I'm new to the chain life compared to a centrifugal clutch with a varriator and roller weights and a v belt.

So this is totally new to me.

28t would not be pleasant for commuting. You'll be doing a lot of pedaling, which is more physically taxing with the extra weight and resistance from the engine. Hills would be pretty much out of the question. 40t is a pretty good middle-ground, especially when combined with other upgrades such as an expansion chamber.

Back