Pedal start, clutch released tuff start

Evh515093

Local time
6:47 AM
Hi, I am new to a motorized bike. I got a flat and had to change the back tire. After putting it back on. When I go to pedal start I pop the clutch it seems to have to spin a bit for it to even turn the motor. It didn't do this before. I'll have to keep pedaling and push then release the clutch about 2 times, not all the time though.

Make sure your clutch cable isn't loose if so adjust that.
The flower nut is the star nut in the middle of the clutch it can be adjusted for a slipping clutch
Turn clockwise it tightens the clutch pressure.

Before ya do anything I suggest you search for a you tube video about 'How to adjust a 2 stroke 66cc bicycle motors slipping clutch".

Take the right side cover off. 5 hex bolts.
The clutch plate is the first thing you see, with the flower nut in the middle.
A 13/16" 6 point socket fits it. Remove the small safety screw, press and lock the clutch handle.
Adjust the nut so you have about 1/16" or 1.5 to 2mm space between the plate and the clutch pads.
Make sure when you unlock the handle that the cable is just starting to get slack in it.

Okay. I tried the tension on the clutch cable, no luck. I adjusted the flower both ways, no luck. It runs fine, once it's started. The clutch only slips when starting it. Inhaben to try a couple of times. Anyone in Gilbert or mesa az that can help?

Back