Pedal start, clutch released tuff start

Take the right side cover off. 5 hex bolts.
The clutch plate is the first thing you see, with the flower nut in the middle.
A 13/16" 6 point socket fits it. Remove the small safety screw, press and lock the clutch handle.
Adjust the nut so you have about 1/16" or 1.5 to 2mm space between the plate and the clutch pads.
Make sure when you unlock the handle that the cable is just starting to get slack in it.
Still didn't work. The clutch does not slip at all when I'm driving it. I adjusted the flower nut, when I tightened it 1 notch, it just made the engine engaged all the time. I even messed with the tention on the clutch cable. The engine just won't turn over unless I pop the clutch like 3 times. I can feel the resistance and hear the clutch engaging but it's not turning over. So IDK what else to check.

Hi Evh515093. I'm making a guess. I don't know that much. I like two strokes and four strokes both. What fuel to oil ratio are you running and how many miles on your engine? I'm asking because is it possible the exhaust could be plugged up?

Okay here to help you. Squeeze clutch lever all the way in. Does bike move forward and backwards freely it might have chain resistance tho.?

Okay here to help you. Squeeze clutch lever all the way in. Does bike move forward and backwards freely it might have chain resistance tho.?
thanks! Yes, it moves freely. Chain might be a little tight. But still moves freely.

Hi Evh515093. I'm making a guess. I don't know that much. I like two strokes and four strokes both. What fuel to oil ratio are you running and how many miles on your engine? I'm asking because is it possible the exhaust could be plugged up?
Hello. 16:1 as the guy said it's a new engine with 5 miles or so in it. That what he told me. I think he was lying though. But the exhaust is free of gunk. I actually took the bottom off doing the stock exhaust mod. once it started it runs perfectly fine no problems whatsoever clutch does not slip. It's just the initial part of trying to start it. The engine doesn't turn over unless I pop the clutch a couple of times.

thanks! Yes, it moves freely. Chain might be a little tight. But still moves freely.
Now push bike walking next to it with the lever in so back tire is rolling ok while walking release clutch what does it do?

Now push bike walking next to it with the lever in so back tire is rolling ok while walking release clutch what does it do?
You can hear it trying to engage, but not turning over, till you do it a couple of times definitely some resistance and very hard to pedal. You can hear a whine sound when the engine isn't turning over.

If I was walking it the tire will skid.

Back