Predator 212 build - sprocket adapter slips and destroys spokes. Help!

It's honestly NOT that big lol. The engine and everything weights about 50 pounds. I weigh 125. It's a heck of a lot lighter than a standard size dirtbike or cruiser motorcycle. I fell off the bike (then the bike fell on me) once when I was trying to install the engine and it wasn't bad at all. Feels like 60 pounds on you. I was completely fine. On the other hand, my older cousin and I were riding a 250 dirtbike and we slipped in mud and the bike fell on us. That was not so pleasant, it was pretty hard to get it back up and off of us.

Inspector, has a weird way of trying to be funny.
When I work on my Harley I put it on a lift or a M/C floor jack so it wont fall over. I would hate to damage something on my Harley.
s**t, I would probably throw my body under my Harley to keep it from getting damaged. :ROFLMAO:

Yes. It IS a matter of throttle control with awesome torque, especially a light person.
It's the same with a monster motor in a mini-bike, motor scooter, motorcycle, light car, truck, etc.

I guess my being heavy(215lbs) should help keep my bike grounded.😄

Last edited:
Sh*t, I would probably throw my body under my Harley to keep it from getting damaged. :ROFLMAO:
motorcycle-rides-you_o_1618839.jpg

I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about gear ratios haha. I probably should have. I have a Chinese Tav2 knock-off CVT with a 10T sprocket. The drive sprocket on my wheel is 36T. It takes off fast (enough to wheelie) and accelerates from 0 - 45 real quick. No issues climbing hills. I only weight 125 pounds so that might help a bit. After 50 it stops accelerating quickly and I doubt it would go much faster. Maybe 55 if I pinned it for a while. Either way it's more than fast enough for me. I've pulled the governor on the engine and installed an upgraded air filter and free-flowing exhaust. Valve float should occur at 5,300 RPM since I've left the springs stock but I don't think I've ever reached that RPM. Should I use a bigger rear sprocket or stick with what I have? Thanks!

If it works for you, keep it as it is.

I also think that knurling the adaptor would be the simplest and easiest solution.

Back