Riding MBs - Necessity or Therapy ?

If I could get the little Lady to take her bicycle out for a ride today
she is one of those REAL BICYCLE RIDERS - no motor needed

then I could follow her - acting as if I am her coach - she's fast

then I could get in some MB therapy
AND NO ONE WOULD EVEN KNOW !!!

PS - noticed - this MB therapy (many sessions now) is truly beginning
TO CHANGE MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER...
getting along with others (most of the time) and everything...

Man oh man Mountainman -- Ride That Thing - Mountainman

hey mountainman! i to have evolved from ht to subaru gebe ! i started rideing motored things at 6. my family comes from a more heroic era of cycleing & these take me back to that time!

Hi wavygravy --- good day to you
I had missed your response until this morning -- a fun thread here

me too -- started riding motors - MBs at either 6 or 7
wow - I would ride that 7 1/2 hp powercraft engine MB all weekend long

grandpa had one of those big one lunger BSA either 500 or 600cc
he would put this little guy on the back and say
YOU HAD BETTER HOLD ON TIGHT

THOSE WERE THE DAYS --- TODAY IS ALSO ONE OF THOSE DAYS

after many years -- many different machines
my hot ride today will be -- Robin 33cc friction
dark here -- getting ready -- lights up

came to this thread to vent a little == kind of teed off at vendor
not the way in which they treated me -- but - another on site

I guess business is real good and at this time
and even when it appears the vendor is way wrong
THEY JUST DON'T SEEM TO GIVE A DARN !!!!!!!!

Yes -- I am just a little worked up on this early morning

so some good MB riding in the dark early morning

sounds like GOOD THERAPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

I went for a ride this afternoon saw a police car when I went through the lights he just smiled waved and drove on past. even though internal combustion engines are banned in queensland its just nice to go for a long ride it was about 40 km there and back crusing most of the way opened it up a couple of times when no one was looking got some looks on the bike track. great just great.

Ride That Thing

Last edited:
I tell myself that Gizmo is transportation. I don't much believe it sometimes. I've been fascinated by machinery from a very young age. (To hear my parents tell it, my obsession started at the age of 5 months) Anybody who knows me or is related to me knew it was only a matter of time before I tried to put a motor on a bicycle.

Having been to many shrinks when I was between the ages of 9 and 14, I can say freely that pulling the old mountain bike out of the barn and blowing $160 for a small bicycle engine is more effective, cheaper, and quicker therapy than any psych major can offer up.

-Mark

I need my therapy again. After breaking an axle, and working too many hours to fix my machine, I'm noticing a difference in myself when not riding my MB. Gotta get back on that thing!

i 1st bought a motor kit because i coudent drive and i wanted to have something with a motor that i could actully control. so it seemed to be the best way.
Well after having my bike for about 9 months and now its been off the road for 2 months i realised how a cruise every afternoon made me calm and forget all the worries in the world.

and do a bit of show off-ing aswell :)

Back